Will Bracken County field a varsity team?

All In

wow, you are right i know more about louisville football but I meant to say that I think if Bracken were to give anyone fits this year it would be a BIG improvement. I am sure Trimble is a good team....I was reffering to Bracken being a success if they gave anyone fits this year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing Bracken will give fits too is its own coaching staff. They are fortunate though to be out of Northern Ky.

Perfectly said. Unless Bracken has transfers from HHS, CCH, BHS, NCC, Ryle or Boone they probably will not make any noise again this yr. Still a young program w/alot of work ahead of them. Good luck in your new district!

For the record, Frankfort has great athletes that sometimes make a loss a huge play, that could be termed a fluke. I have seen them do so on more than one occassion. As far as them and Trimble as I understand it the field was a mess and that gave Trimble a chance. in 10 games FHS would beat trimble 9 times by 2 scores or more, and one time by less than a touchdown.

Frankfort has great athletes, this is true. Frankfort will probaly win the class A state. It is alot easier when you have players that can make plays by themselves.

Very interseting statement about the 10 game deal.

As for the field it was wet, but Trimble played on the dry one while Frankfort played on the wet one.

Getting this back to Bracken County now............I remember when they started the program. They did it the right way with a youth program. However the NKYFL would not let them in. That left them scrambling. Also the previous superintendent (who I know and have talked to about this) really pushed the program and they won 3 games the first year of varsity including a win at Dayton. In fact they played Ludlow very close and almost beat them. Since he has left things have fallen completely apart in the football program due to apathy in the administration and a disinterest in keeping football going. I am glad that someone posted that they have a renewed interest in the program. The former coaches (Ollier's now at Brossart) did a great job but fell out of favor with the administration and received 0 support.

Getting this back to Bracken County now............I remember when they started the program. They did it the right way with a youth program. However the NKYFL would not let them in. That left them scrambling. Also the previous superintendent (who I know and have talked to about this) really pushed the program and they won 3 games the first year of varsity including a win at Dayton. In fact they played Ludlow very close and almost beat them. Since he has left things have fallen completely apart in the football program due to apathy in the administration and a disinterest in keeping football going. I am glad that someone posted that they have a renewed interest in the program. The former coaches (Ollier's now at Brossart) did a great job but fell out of favor with the administration and received 0 support.

Very good post:thumb: If the the adminsration is against you it is hard to keep it going at a small school. I know Coach Ollier and think that he worked hard to try and get it going.

For the record, Frankfort has great athletes that sometimes make a loss a huge play, that could be termed a fluke. I have seen them do so on more than one occassion. As far as them and Trimble as I understand it the field was a mess and that gave Trimble a chance. in 10 games FHS would beat trimble 9 times by 2 scores or more, and one time by less than a touchdown.

Trimble may have a good athlete or two, also. :thumb: I can't wait to see a few games in this district this year.

Bracken 's so-called youth football program just started this past year with the first year of flag football for grades 1-4 and 5th and 6th in pads for 4-5 games against area teams. As far as I know the program started in high school with JV for a season and then straight into varsity play against the strong Nothern Ky. teams(why Bracken didn't play as an independent and still don't) is a mystery to many. The youth football program will be in its second season come September.