Will Bracken County field a varsity team?

All In

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken 's so-called youth football program just started this past year with the first year of flag football for grades 1-4 and 5th and 6th in pads for 4-5 games against area teams. As far as I know the program started in high school with JV for a season and then straight into varsity play against the strong Nothern Ky. teams(why Bracken didn't play as an independent and still don't) is a mystery to many. The youth football program will be in its second season come September.

Flag??? Why not tackle?:confused:

Flag??? Why not tackle?:confused:

Not even Mason County tackles around here until 4th grade in their Knights league,which is surprising given all of Mason County's resources. Am sure money is an issue in Brooksville, padding up second graders and finding coaches are just not a top priority. Could get expensive without some donations or other funding,especially at a school that size.

All - In you are dead wrong. Bracken started with a 5th and 6th grade team then a Jr. High then started in the High school. They had football for three years before they played varsity football. These are the 100% correct facts as I know the guys that started it personally (the Olliers) and the teams were coached by Joe Felice. They had several meetings with NKYFL and were voted down to join. At that time they received a lot of support from Tim Kaelin who ran the Raiders and Newport's organization supported them joining but didn't get much support from the other organizations. Let me know if you need any more correct info on this.

Oh I just made a quick phone call to the previous Super. who is now in Bellevue to make sure what I posted was correct and it is 100% correct on the youth football situation. They had 5th and 6th grade football first.

Misread your post, I consider the youth program to be grades 1-5 and they for a FACT were just started in 2006 with flag football for grades 1-4. This past year was the first year the 5-6th actually played games. Did the beginning 5-6th play games or just learned the game under Felice?

They played games in the Harrison County league.

You sure your not thinking about baseball,can't imagine going to a Harrison County league,when Mason County has a Knights football league for that age group. Of all the many Bracken County posters on this board surely there are more than us 2 that know something about this. I'm not saying it isn't true, just can't ever remember ever hearing about it,reading about it in the Bracken County News,etc. It must have been for one group of 5th-6th graders,because know for a fact that the present high schoolers never played 5th-6th grade football at Bracken anyway. If they would have it would have helped tremendously over the last few years.

I was questioning a post that said Frankfort would be state champs in A. I don't think anybody would argue that you have to beat Beechwood to do that. Especially with NCC moving into 2 A. Now........there are plenty of others in A that will be capable of a state championship. However Beechwood is the traditional powerhouse.