April 20, 200719 yr Lofton would not have been in the SEC, if UT didn't kick a player off the team as recruiting was going on, and opening up a final scholly for him.
April 20, 200719 yr Why is that? Because Pettigrew is a 6-5 post player and Lofton is a 6-2 jump shooter. Can you imagine Pettigrew in the post against some of the top players in the nation? He just isn't big enough. I know that this was said about Chris as well, but there is a HUGE difference between being an undersized guard and an undersized post player. Chris could shoot the lights out better than anyone I had ever seen. Pettigrew does not have an amazing ability like that. Pettigrew would be at best a Sheray Thomas type player if he came to UK. If he goes to Xavier he could contribute but he will not even be close to being an All American like Chris.
April 20, 200719 yr May be the first time that I have ever agreed with FieldhouseKrazyzie.. But hey I am man enough to admit it.. I agree with you 100%
April 20, 200719 yr Because Pettigrew is a 6-5 post player and Lofton is a 6-2 jump shooter. Can you imagine Pettigrew in the post against some of the top players in the nation? He just isn't big enough. I know that this was said about Chris as well, but there is a HUGE difference between being an undersized guard and an undersized post player. Chris could shoot the lights out better than anyone I had ever seen. Pettigrew does not have an amazing ability like that. Pettigrew would be at best a Sheray Thomas type player if he came to UK. If he goes to Xavier he could contribute but he will not even be close to being an All American like Chris. Hasn't Pettigrew been winning 3 point contests in the spring tour of all-star games and showing he can shoot from the outside. As people are saying he does not have the game to play at UK, I remember the comments of Lofton doesn't play defense and questions on whether at his height he would be able to get his shot off. It will be interesting to see if in two years, Gillespie will be ripped for Pettigrew like Tubby was for Lofton.
April 20, 200719 yr Lofton would not have been in the SEC, if UT didn't kick a player off the team as recruiting was going on, and opening up a final scholly for him. And even then it took a well-timed phone call from Wayne Co. coach Rodney Woods, a UT alum, just to make it happen.
April 20, 200719 yr Tubby had Crawford, Rondo and Bradley coming and that was the main reason for passing on him. So let's hear it. Crawford= leave college + allowed to return = a bust Rondo= 2 years + attitude = bust bust Bradley=a bust Roll the three up and you might get a thin hamburger in a McDonalds Happy Meal. Lofton, his stats tell it all = All American. And I guess you knew that is how it would have played out when they got to college...
April 20, 200719 yr Hasn't Pettigrew been winning 3 point contests in the spring tour of all-star games and showing he can shoot from the outside. As people are saying he does not have the game to play at UK, I remember the comments of Lofton doesn't play defense and questions on whether at his height he would be able to get his shot off. It will be interesting to see if in two years, Gillespie will be ripped for Pettigrew like Tubby was for Lofton. All Pettigrew has to do is drop 20 a game, win a few major conference player of the year awards and get voted a preseason all American as a SR. Easy as 1-2-3...
April 21, 200719 yr All Pettigrew has to do is drop 20 a game, win a few major conference player of the year awards and get voted a preseason all American as a SR. Easy as 1-2-3... Well according to the UK faithful, it is easy to identify such players when they are seniors. They all knew Lofton was going to do that.
April 21, 200719 yr Well according to the UK faithful, it is easy to identify such players when they are seniors. They all knew Lofton was going to do that. What Lofton did time and again on the big stage made it a lot easier to think he could be a very good D1 player. Can you share with me some big game moments in Pettigrew's career...
April 21, 200719 yr Sorry, but I don't see Bradley or Crawford as busts. I know Ramel has his faults, but he brings it night in and night out and had some very good games this season. I think he will be a very solid improve even more this offseason. Crawford, on the other hand has let me down to some extent. BUT, he has produced some pretty decent numbers. He may not have lived up to expectations, but he hasn't been a "bust"
April 21, 200719 yr What Lofton did time and again on the big stage made it a lot easier to think he could be a very good D1 player. Can you share with me some big game moments in Pettigrew's career... Notice my moniker is LADIES BBALL COACH. I can barely keep up with my keys let alone some Etown player.
April 21, 200719 yr Sorry, but I don't see Bradley or Crawford as busts. I know Ramel has his faults, but he brings it night in and night out and had some very good games this season. I think he will be a very solid improve even more this offseason. Crawford, on the other hand has let me down to some extent. BUT, he has produced some pretty decent numbers. He may not have lived up to expectations, but he hasn't been a "bust" The way they were promoted as a top recruiting class, they should be performing at a MINIMUM of a first team All-SEC status and HM All-American. Have either reached that level?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.