Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bilas

Featured Replies

Jay Bilas has recently been one of the only advocates for the Kentucky job on ESPN and nationally. Although he is a Dukie, he is my favorite analyst on ESPN, and maybe even anywhere. Here are some recent quotes:

 

"Kentucky is a top five job in the country, if not the top."

 

"Kentucky fans aren't unrealistic. They have the right to expect championships, just look at their tradition."

 

These aren't word-for-word, but came from his recent appearance on ESPN's Pardon the Interuption (PTI).

 

By the way, some interesting facts about Bilas:

 

He's a lawyer for Moore & Van Allen Firm.

When he served as an assistant for Duke for three years, the Dukies went to three NCAA Championship games and two Championships.

He is one Duke boy that is hard to hate...

He's one of the few that doesn't seem to speak with an agenda...

Can we hire Jay as coach?

I agree. He is someone that seems to be very professional and very unbiased as well. He is hard to find a lot of fault with, other than being a Duke boy, lol.

Yup.. Jay is the best. No doubt.

He's one of the few that doesn't seem to speak with an agenda...

:thumb: Best way to describe him.

One of the best ESPN has for college basketball.

He's one of the few that doesn't seem to speak with an agenda...

Clearly.

His thoughts are refreshing.

I have actually liked a little Doug Gottleib, recently,and some of his recent comments.

 

Dick Vitale on the other hand, has burned his bridge to Lexington.

He has been so over the top with his thoughts (agenda) it is almost comical.

His rant tonight with Digger, Rece, and Bilas was funny. That info was taken straight from Rick Pitino.

 

I have heard RP has discouraged a NBA run by Donovan, but also has discouraged a move to UK. I think that is for obvious reasons. But just a litle, I wonder if he is throwing up a smokecreen for Billy D.

 

I think you have noticed a little shift by some of the talking heads at ESPN. Last week there was no way he would go...now they see the possibilty is real and with no Donovan denial it gathers steam.

 

Anyone find it interesting that Donovan spoke in past tense with Andy Katz who has been saying since Day 1 that he guarantees that Donovan wont leave. He quotes Billy's dad, but he wasn't in Mason County when Papa Donovan was holding court and extolling the virtues of UK hoops and some of the issues at Florida.

 

Not saying it is a done deal, but I am beginning to seriously question if UF will go four million for Donovan.

Not sure, but I had heard there was an escalation clause in Urban Meyer's contract that would guarantee he would be the highest paid coach in Florida.

That is what I have been saying all along. If UK does offer Billy 2.8 with the possibility of 3.5 is Florida really in the position to top that. With Meyers making around 2 (the best I could find was 1.8 but could be a little more) I don't think Flordia could justify offering Donovan 3-4 million. They would have to fork over at least the same for Meyers. This could end up being very bad for Florida if they decide they aren't letting Billy go.

Bilas is head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the group.

That is what I have been saying all along. If UK does offer Billy 2.8 with the possibility of 3.5 is Florida really in the position to top that. With Meyers making around 2 (the best I could find was 1.8 but could be a little more) I don't think Flordia could justify offering Donovan 3-4 million. They would have to fork over at least the same for Meyers. This could end up being very bad for Florida if they decide they aren't letting Billy go.

 

 

IMO, UF could afford to go 3-3.5 if neccessary, but, would they, considering the lack of following the team has, even with the current teams success. You have to figure when Noah, Horford and the like are gone, they aren't going to be able to sustain the level there at now. They will still be good, but, most likely, not as good. And with football being the bread winner, Meyer would certainly have to also get an increase to an equal amout or more, so, does Florida want to increase there salary base by 2.5 to 3M a year? I'd think not, but, who knows...

IMO, UF could afford to go 3-3.5 if neccessary, but, would they, considering the lack of following the team has, even with the current teams success. You have to figure when Noah, Horford and the like are gone, they aren't going to be able to sustain the level there at now. They will still be good, but, most likely, not as good. And with football being the bread winner, Meyer would certainly have to also get an increase to an equal amout or more, so, does Florida want to increase there salary base by 2.5 to 3M a year? I'd think not, but, who knows...

 

 

Both schools have the money, money will not be an issue. If anyone thinks that UF will let him go because of money, is sadly mistaken... Money will be the same, because one school will match the others. Billy will make a choice on what is best for him and his family... ;)

Jay Bilas is first class and he should be around for a long time. He is also a HUGE, HUGE UK fan as well. His brother lives around the way from me, in Lake Forest...and his niece is currently a student at UK...I hop to run into Jay sometime around here.

I really like Bilas...and I also think that Clark Kellogg is very good..They both look at the facts and leave the emotions out of it. IMO they are the best ESPN has to offer!! I'll take them over Dickie V. and Digger anytime (i mean just how unbiased can Digger be considering the number of times we kicked ND's butt while he was there!!!)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.