Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

What does Simon Kenton need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definately don't need their players calling out the 4A state champions in the media.

They definately don't need their players calling out the 4A state champions in the media.

 

 

I dont exactly remember them "calling out" a championship, but there was something along the lines of wanting to get there....

 

...plus, isnt that what every team wants anyway?? Those guys just decided to put it in ink so to speak.

Will Miles Simpson get the chance to start at the varsity level?

Will Miles Simpson get the chance to start at the varsity level?

 

 

I've heard talks about this happening, but nothing beyond speculation though...

I think they have to come back with a positive attitude after somewhat hitting the skids vs the district faves last season. The loss of Elbert will sting a bit but from what I've heard coach M is very excited about his skill players as well as the line. Gibson, Ponzer, Dewalt and Miles should all be playmakers for the Pioneers. This is a team that had BC down at the half and lost after being abused by Farris. They came back against Dixie in a two day game only to be held in OT when they had a chance to win with a TD, the most important thing is they need to understand, it's NOT ok just to hang in there, they have to get over that hump and take the next step, EXPECT to win. They've really upgraded the schedule with games against NCC, Newport and Russell in the OOC portion of the schedule.

Will Miles Simpson get the chance to start at the varsity level?

 

I haven't had the opportunity to see the young man play but all indications allow me to believe he is one fine player, and I think you'll see him in action on Friday nights.

I think they have to come back with a positive attitude after somewhat hitting the skids vs the district faves last season. The loss of Elbert will sting a bit but from what I've heard coach M is very excited about his skill players as well as the line. Gibson, Ponzer, Dewalt and Miles should all be playmakers for the Pioneers. This is a team that had BC down at the half and lost after being abused by Farris. They came back against Dixie in a two day game only to be held in OT when they had a chance to win with a TD, the most important thing is they need to understand, it's NOT ok just to hang in there, they have to get over that hump and take the next step, EXPECT to win. They've really upgraded the schedule with games against NCC, Newport and Russell in the OOC portion of the schedule.

 

 

I'll agree on that . SK has alot of good skilled players coming back , but the Qb has to get settled in first . That will decide how the year goes for SK !:thumb: From the coaches , alittle better play calling ! Also give Mr Simpson time to grow into a good RB . He has all the tools to be like his father ! WOW , do I remember that TRAIN !:eek: I think SK will be good this year and years to come !!!!:thumb:

Miles hits the hole fast. However, watching him play for 4 years in the NKYFL; when he got hit hard a couple of times he didn't seem to be as bold, and he didn't seem to have great hands for catching passes. Has this changed after he got to high school??? He was always a good on defense though.

I think they have to come back with a positive attitude after somewhat hitting the skids vs the district faves last season. The loss of Elbert will sting a bit but from what I've heard coach M is very excited about his skill players as well as the line. Gibson, Ponzer, Dewalt and Miles should all be playmakers for the Pioneers. This is a team that had BC down at the half and lost after being abused by Farris. They came back against Dixie in a two day game only to be held in OT when they had a chance to win with a TD, the most important thing is they need to understand, it's NOT ok just to hang in there, they have to get over that hump and take the next step, EXPECT to win. They've really upgraded the schedule with games against NCC, Newport and Russell in the OOC portion of the schedule.

 

 

Who do they have coming back on the line ? I know they had some nice size up front ! Was that Big boy ( 68 I think ) a Jr or Sr ?

Who do they have coming back on the line ? I know they had some nice size up front ! Was that Big boy ( 68 I think ) a Jr or Sr ?

 

 

Bustle and he was a Senior.

Tony Turner returns, I believe he's a 3 year starter on the OL.

I haven't had the opportunity to see the young man play but all indications allow me to believe he is one fine player, and I think you'll see him in action on Friday nights.

 

 

From what I've seen in this past season's freshman games, he looks to be a soild player.

 

I seriously cannot wait to see what Coach M decides on offense, personel wise...with Bustle, Gibson, Ponzer, Dewalt, Simpson running wild, and others returning on the O line..its gets me all antsy in my pantsy:jump:

who is Simpson's father?

who is Simpson's father?

 

Not sure exactly, but maybe RedHeat would know (previous post):thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.