Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Player of the Year

Featured Replies

I saw where they announced the 10 finalists and Greg Oden made the list...is he really deserving of being a finalist for POY? I wouldn't think so, but I was just curious what everyone else thought.

 

Of course, Durant has to be the winner, so everyone else is battling for second, but still.

He probably belongs on the list, but doesn't deserve to win it. Get's in foul trouble too much.

Oden makes his entire team better by just being there, and he is as good defensively as I have seen in college.

 

He's a Top 5 guy if you ask me.

Durant --- player of the year...

Durant --- player of the year...

 

He'd get my vote, if I had a vote.

 

So for now he is POY in my opinion.

Sometimes I think Ohio St. plays better without Oden, but he is a beast on the defensive end. Durant may be one of the greatest college players of all time. He's a freak.

Durant --- player of the year...

I agree. He is more versatile than any young big man I have seen in a while.

My list would be (in order):

 

1) Kevin Durant

2) Tyler Hansbrough

3) Jeff Green

4) Alando Tucker

5) Acie Law IV

6) Al Horford

7) Corey Brewer

8) Jared Dudley

9) Nick Fazekas

10) Aaron Afflalo

I dont even like Georgetown. I just never have and never will. Especially after they messed up my perfect Final 4 Sunday! :irked:

 

But in my mind if you take the entire season and the post season I would give the POY award to Jeff Green. I know Im in the minority, but thats how I see it.

My list would be (in order):

 

1) Kevin Durant

2) Tyler Hansbrough

3) Jeff Green

4) Alando Tucker

5) Acie Law IV

6) Al Horford

7) Corey Brewer

8) Jared Dudley

9) Nick Fazekas

10) Aaron Afflalo

 

So Ohio St. is #1 in the country, made it to the Final 4, but does not have one of the best 10 players. I find that hard to believe:irked:

So Ohio St. is #1 in the country, made it to the Final 4, but does not have one of the best 10 players. I find that hard to believe:irked:

 

 

Who would you replace? Oden has done nothing spectacular this year....

Who would you replace? Oden has done nothing spectacular this year....

 

Do you seriously believe that tO$U would be in the final four without Oden, or Conley for that matter?

Do you seriously believe that tO$U would be in the final four without Oden, or Conley for that matter?

 

 

No, but that doesn't mean they are 2 of the top 10 players....Would UCLA be in the FF without Collison? How about Gtown without Hibbert? Or Florida without Noah? There's lots of players that wouldn't be where they were/are without this player or that, but that doesn't mean they are one of the top 10 players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.