Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's ego?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the ego of a lot of UK fans would be bruised if Donovan didnt come.He is viewed by a whole contingent(right or wrong) as still part of the UK family because he once coached here and hasnt had the opportunity to return. No one blames an Asst coach for leaving unlike a head coach.

 

I dont think it hurts the ego of the SAME fans knowing Tubby left because they wanted him gone or felt he would have been let go after next year.

 

And YES the Boo- Birds will be out in full force at Rupp next year if he turns UK down. IMO

As I said in the Barnhart thread, UK doesn't land Billy D and the TBers become MBers and his job is in jeopardy.

I agree.

IMO only a Donovan hire lets him sleep soundly.

I don't think so, you expect him to leave a team that he won a championship with Florida and now about to win another. Definitely doesn't hurt their ego.

I think it absolutely hurts the ego of UK. I do no longer feel it is the best job in America. It is indeed a premier job, but it is a double edged sword. Just like it would at Duke.

 

Yes! When it comes time to replace Coach K, Duke had better find the absolute best. I feel sorry for the man who is next in line!!!

If Billy D. turns them down, that would make Donavon, Pitino, Calipari, Tubby, and Gillespie (assuming he takes the Ark job) who all said thanks, but no thanks to coaching at UK. That would definitely be a HUGE ego hit to the UK fanbase, and one IMO, that may be a good thing in the long run.

Yes! When it comes time to replace Coach K, Duke had better find the absolute best. I feel sorry for the man who is next in line!!!

 

 

He's already being groomed by Coach K....;)

^ I do feel that way...but he won't be given that long a run if he isn't winning.

The UK job is one of the top programs in the country (not top but one of) & a quality coach will come. They dont have to have 2 national titles to be successful. Ifs that the criteria, there will be very few coaches that are hired.

  • Author
He's already being groomed by Coach K....;)

 

 

Who?

Who?

 

 

IMO it would be either Wojo or Johnny Dawkins.....RP probably has a better idea though.

I'm a UK fan and I hate UK fans. I think it would be a landslide.

 

 

 

Does this mean you hate yourself? :D

  • Author

If I was to bet on it, I would say WoJo, but I am just guessing.

If Billy is offered the job and turns it down is it a hit on the UK ego? To have 2 coaches say they would rather coach somewhere else than UK(tubby being the other) in less than a months time, would seem to deflate this overly large ego that lives in the Bluegrass state. Now, I am not saying he is not coming or is, but giving a hypothetical situation and curious what BGP posters think.

 

 

 

Not me.

 

I've been thru several coaching changes at UK, where we were turned down by other coaches. Some times this works out better for the program just as when Pitino was hired.

  • Author
Not me.

 

I've been thru several coaching changes at UK, where we were turned down by other coaches. Some times this works out better for the program just as when Pitino was hired.

 

 

true:thumb: But I think the Bluegrass nation wants Billy so bad if he says no, it could be a major let down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.