Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's ego?

Featured Replies

If Billy is offered the job and turns it down is it a hit on the UK ego? To have 2 coaches say they would rather coach somewhere else than UK(tubby being the other) in less than a months time, would seem to deflate this overly large ego that lives in the Bluegrass state. Now, I am not saying he is not coming or is, but giving a hypothetical situation and curious what BGP posters think.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it would deflate anything. I think it would only create caos. You'd have the non UK fans saying told ya so and the UK fans looking for excuses. I would also like to know from the non UK fans what is your reason behind not liking UK? Is it becuase of the fans or another reason?

I dont think so...Calipari wants to win every conference can year in and year out and wants no compitetion and Billy D is in a good situation in Florida, I dont think so at all.

If Billy is offered the job and turns it down is it a hit on the UK ego? To have 2 coaches say they would rather coach somewhere else than UK(tubby being the other) in less than a months time, would seem to deflate this overly large ego that lives in the Bluegrass state. Now, I am not saying he is not coming or is, but giving a hypothetical situation and curious what BGP posters think.

 

I don't think so...Pitino has had his tenure here already and although he loved it, has a very good thing going right down the road and if he did come, would probably be committing coaching suicide in this state..

 

Donovan has a great thing where he's at. Nothing wrong with being happy where you are. Money's great, but, it isn't everything and who knows, may get the same type money where he's at...

Alot of UK fans could not accept it. Yes it would damage the collective ego of the unreasonable fans.

  • Author

Would this also turn UK fans who love Billy against him.

Would this also turn UK fans who love Billy against him.

It shouldn't but it would IMO.

I would also like to know from the non UK fans what is your reason behind not liking UK? Is it becuase of the fans or another reason?

 

You should start this as a new thread. I would like to see people's responses also.

I don't think it would deflate anything. I think it would only create caos. You'd have the non UK fans saying told ya so and the UK fans looking for excuses. I would also like to know from the non UK fans what is your reason behind not liking UK? Is it becuase of the fans or another reason?

I'm a UK fan and I hate UK fans. I think it would be a landslide.

I think it absolutely hurts the ego of UK. I do no longer feel it is the best job in America. It is indeed a premier job, but it is a double edged sword. Just like it would at Duke.

I think it absolutely hurts the ego of UK. I do no longer feel it is the best job in America. It is indeed a premier job, but it is a double edged sword. Just like it would at Duke.

I agree.

Would this also turn UK fans who love Billy against him.

 

You can guarantee that if Donovoan were to turn down the job, the Boo Birds would be out in full effect when he comes to Rupp next year.

You can guarantee that if Donovoan were to turn down the job, the Boo Birds would be out in full effect when he comes to Rupp next year.

 

That's the truth right there.

As I said in the Barnhart thread, UK doesn't land Billy D and the TBers become MBers and his job is in jeopardy.

  • Author

^^^ I think they would see if the new coach succeeds or not, but I do think MB job is on the line with this choice...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.