March 28, 200719 yr If Billy is offered the job and turns it down is it a hit on the UK ego? To have 2 coaches say they would rather coach somewhere else than UK(tubby being the other) in less than a months time, would seem to deflate this overly large ego that lives in the Bluegrass state. Now, I am not saying he is not coming or is, but giving a hypothetical situation and curious what BGP posters think.Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. It would be a huge hit on thier ego and IMO will be the begining of the end for Barnhart. Just think about it. With all UK has to offer and all the attention and love they would put on Donovan, if Barnhart can't secure him, and Barnhart HAS to secure him, it proves that the job is no better. How much egg would be on UK's face if they offered to world to Donovan and he shows up next season to lead the Gators to beat UK in Rupp again. Will they have the audacity to curse at him after proving just how bad they want him.
March 28, 200719 yr Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. It would be a huge hit on thier ego and IMO will be the begining of the end for Barnhart. Just think about it. With all UK has to offer and all the attention and love they would put on Donovan, if Barnhart can't secure him, and Barnhart HAS to secure him, it proves that the job is no better. How much egg would be on UK's face if they offered to world to Donovan and he shows up next season to lead the Gators to beat UK in Rupp again. Will they have the audacity to curse at him after proving just how bad they want him. Spoken like a true UL fan, erggg UK hater....It's not foolish at all.... Anyone who thinks Billy D. doesn't have a great situation where he's at is foolish...Like others have said, UK is one of the premier programs and it would be a great job, but, it's not one everyone would want, mainly because of the many unrealistic UK fans and there unrealistic expectations. I will say it would be disappointing if Billy D turns it down, but, wouldn't be the end of the world, because there are alot of great candidates out there who would want the challenge... By the way, theres not been any offers made at this point, so, saying the worlds been offered, is a misleading statement... He may be offered the world, but, according to all reports, he has a Final 4 on his mind and no negotiations at all have taken place...
March 28, 200719 yr Like others have said, UK is one of the premier programs and it would be a great job, but, it's not one everyone would want, mainly because of the many unrealistic UK fans and there unrealistic expectations. I agree but but does UK? Thus the point of the thread. I will say it would be disappointing if Billy D turns it down, but, wouldn't be the end of the world, because there are alot of great candidates out there who would want the challenge...The fan base doesn't want any other candidate. Easily 75% of UK's fan base will feel like Barnhart resorted to option B, and option B will always be second guessed ala Tubby all over again. By the way, theres not been any offers made at this point, so, saying the worlds been offered, is a misleading statement... He may be offered the world, but, according to all reports, he has a Final 4 on his mind and no negotiations at all have taken place... If Barnhart's attempt at Donovan is less than all out, he'll have a new job shortly.
March 28, 200719 yr If I was to bet on it, I would say WoJo, but I am just guessing. It would be Johnny Dawkins...he is the key to their recruiting as well.
March 29, 200719 yr Author If Barnhart's attempt at Donovan is less than all out, he'll have a new job shortly. I bet he is not sleeping well at night, knowing his job rides on this hire...:scared:
March 29, 200719 yr Author From my point of view, when Roy Williams turned down UNC the first time, it had to be tough for the UNC fans in the State of Carolina. I was shocked, I could not believe the man turn down his Alum, his first 10 years of coaching and where he even sent his kids to school. But when MD was hired, I thought ok we have a young up and coming coach, with UNC bloodlines. We all know how that turned out... Once again, thank you for coming home ROY!!! :dancingpa
March 29, 200719 yr It would be Johnny Dawkins...he is the key to their recruiting as well. I was thinking for sure it would be Wojo. He seems like a Coach K replica.
March 29, 200719 yr I can't believe Barnhart hired a firm to help him with the search...OUCH...that hurts the ego already.
March 29, 200719 yr I can't believe Barnhart hired a firm to help him with the search...OUCH...that hurts the ego already.Amature hour is in full effect.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.