Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Overrated Conference

Featured Replies

Who do you all think was the most overrated conference this year...I think it has to be the ACC, I just do not see all the hype on this conference...

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were all about the same this year...

I think the Big 12. Only three teams may escape the first round with a win.

I think the Big 12. Only three teams may escape the first round with a win.

But how many were expected to be where they are? Kansas and Texas A&M are all I can think of. I'll give you OK State, but Texas lost everything and I didn't see much on Texas Tech all year. K State was a surprise and Oklahoma looked a lot better at seasons end. The bottom 6 of that conference were never hyped so they are about where you would expect...

Oklahoma rarely misses the NCAA Tournament and it took a mircale comeback for Texas to beat Baylor in the Big 12 Tourney. OK State flopped, K-State missed the tournament, Iowa State and Missouri also missed the tourneys and failed to make the NIT. When these teams failed, there was no one else to take their place like Vandy and Ole Miss did in the SEC, or Va Tech and Virginia in the ACC.

Oklahoma rarely misses the NCAA Tournament and it took a mircale comeback for Texas to beat Baylor in the Big 12 Tourney. OK State flopped, K-State missed the tournament, Iowa State and Missouri also missed the tourneys and failed to make the NIT. When these teams failed, there was no one else to take their place like Vandy and Ole Miss did in the SEC, or Va Tech and Virginia in the ACC.

Ole Miss was .500 in the SEC West and a #2 seed in the NIT. K State was 10-6 and a 2 seed in the NIT. I don't remember any pre-in-post season hype for the bottom of the Big 12. They got love for 1, 2 and 3 and a little for Knight and Huggs. Where was the Big 12 hyped outside Kansas, Texas A&M and Texas???

But how many were expected to be where they are? Kansas and Texas A&M are all I can think of. I'll give you OK State, but Texas lost everything and I didn't see much on Texas Tech all year. K State was a surprise and Oklahoma looked a lot better at seasons end. The bottom 6 of that conference were never hyped so they are about where you would expect...

 

You can lose everything as long as you gain Durant. With him they don't need much else.

You can lose everything as long as you gain Durant. With him they don't need much else.

Durant wasn't seen as THE must get in the 06 class and he was heavily debated against the rest of the 2-10 crowd. If I recall I was the only one hyping the kid for quite a while... :p

The Big12 is a three team league, I wouldn't want to face any of those 3.

Durant wasn't seen as THE must get in the 06 class and he was heavily debated against the rest of the 2-10 crowd. If I recall I was the only one hyping the kid for quite a while... :p

 

I think most places I saw had him pretty solid at #2 behind Oden. He would have been a top 5 pick last year had he been able to come out.

He would have been a top 5 pick last year had he been able to come out.

The same case could be made for Wright, Budinger, Young, Hawes, Crittenden, Lawson, Ellington and Lopez. Oden was the clear #1 and the rest got a lot of hype...

I think the Pac 10, or should I say the whack 10. Lots were picking Stanford as a possible upset based on their abilities in the Pac 10. Just one of many examples of the Pac 10 being overrated still left to be seen IMO.

UCLA, Oregon and Wash St are solid, Zona should win, and the USC/Ark game could go either way.

Not for sure which is the most over-rated, but the tourney will show. I think the ACC was the best conference this year. IMO:walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.