Cov. Cath. Vs. Holmes IV

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fenced on this one. I want CCH to win becaus I really like the kids and think they play well together. But I also think that Holmes has the best chance to get on a run and win the thing.

No matter what this should be a great game and I will not be dissappointed this year. Its finally good to see the top 2 teams in the region paring off in the finals of the region.

How many times has Holmes played CCH in the regional finals????

Home court will have zero impact on this game. Many of the CCH boys have been playing on that court since 7th grade. There's nothing unusual about the gym that requires adjustments. Non-factor.

So if you had your choice and the game could be hosted at CCH, are you saying that you would still choose to play at Holmes??? That would be your argument if you think home court has "zero impact". I agree that since some of the CCH players have played in the gym multiple times does help, but to say that home court has zero impact is just not true, IMO. Why not let Holmes host the 35th District tourney then???

So if you had your choice and the game could be hosted at CCH, are you saying that you would still choose to play at Holmes??? That would be your argument if you think home court has "zero impact". I agree that since some of the CCH players have played in the gym multiple times does help, but to say that home court has zero impact is just not true, IMO. Why not let Holmes host the 35th District tourney then???

At Holmes home court is not a huge factor because their student buddy is weak and its a bigger gym, at Cov. Cath it gets loud for the opposing team in a smaller gym that has a lot more aucustics. Most of the time Cov. Caths student body gives them the home court advantage.

My point is simple. Should Holmes beat CCH tonight, the location of the game will not be any part of the reason why.

At Holmes home court is not a huge factor because their student buddy is weak and its a bigger gym, at Cov. Cath it gets loud for the opposing team in a smaller gym that has a lot more aucustics. Most of the time Cov. Caths student body gives them the home court advantage.

True that is a factor, but not the only factor. Playing at home in familiar surroundings(place you practice and play) is also weighed into home court advantage(and several other factors to a lesser degree). I agree in this case the advantage is smaller than usual, but it is not "zero".

My point is simple. Should Holmes beat CCH tonight, the location of the game will not be any part of the reason why.

You are right, home court advantage is rarely ever the "determining" factor in the outcome of a game, but to dismiss it as a factor at all is incorrect IMO. If you believe that not to be true than give me an answer for my last question in post #21. Do you think Coach L would choose to play the district final this year at Holmes instead of at CCH???

You are right, home court advantage is rarely ever the "determining" factor in the outcome of a game, but to dismiss it as a factor at all is incorrect IMO. If you believe that not to be true than give me an answer for my last question in post #21. Do you think Coach L would choose to play the district final this year at Holmes instead of at CCH???

The answer is "yes." That doesn't mean it will contribute to the W or the L. CCH hosted Holmes 2 weeks ago. Holmes lost because they were not smart at the end of the game and not because of the floor, the gym, or the Colonel Crazies. St Henry had Holmes beat last night on Holmes floor. They lost because of their defensive lapses. College? Maybe. High school? No. IMHO.

The answer is "yes." That doesn't mean it will contribute to the W or the L. CCH hosted Holmes 2 weeks ago. Holmes lost because they were not smart at the end of the game and not because of the floor, the gym, or the Colonel Crazies. St Henry had Holmes beat last night on Holmes floor. They lost because of their defensive lapses. College? Maybe. High school? No. IMHO.

True, which is why I said that it is usually not the "determining" factor, but it is a factor.

If you think the answer is yes, I'll agree to disagree. I do not think Coach L's answer would be yes(see if you can get him to amend the district plan to take CCH out of the district seeding/hosting plan for the 35th district. I am sure the other district members would be willing to split some of the concessions $'s that CCH would not get in the years that they were supposed to host the tourney, if CCH is willing to do so:D ).

True, which is why I said that it is usually not the "determining" factor, but it is a factor.

If you think the answer is yes, I'll agree to disagree. I do not think Coach L's answer would be yes(see if you can get him to amend the district plan to take CCH out of the district seeding/hosting plan for the 35th district. I am sure the other district members would be willing to split some of the concessions $'s that CCH would not get in the years that they were supposed to host the tourney, if CCH is willing to do so:D ).

Oops. I didn't read your question properly. Obviously, he would want to host whenever he has the opportunity. It has no effect on the outcome IMO.