KABC "POY" and "COY" awards - 16th Region

My goodness. No one is implying anything. I feel sure the vote was taken before the regional tournament and, since many voiced the opinion that Raceland and Russell would be in the championship game, the vote is understandable. Surely, no one would remotely imply that the area coaches vote on anything other than merit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness. No one is implying anything. I feel sure the vote was taken before the regional tournament and, since many voiced the opinion that Raceland and Russell would be in the championship game, the vote is understandable. Surely, no one would remotely imply that the area coaches vote on anything other than merit.

I am not going to go round and round with you on this but just seems that you were the only one trying to imply anything. If I am wrong, s be it and I apologize :thumb: . Lets try and keep this on the two deserving individuals: Bob Trimble and Jessica Fortman.

Kind of surprised Queen didn't win with the year and career she had. Honestly never saw Fortman play, but she must be a heck of a player to beat out the all time leading scorer and rebounder in the 16th Region. Congrats from a former Red Devil to Miss Fortman. Good luck to Emily and the girls from RH.

Kind of surprised Queen didn't win with the year and career she had. Honestly never saw Fortman play, but she must be a heck of a player to beat out the all time leading scorer and rebounder in the 16th Region. Congrats from a former Red Devil to Miss Fortman. Good luck to Emily and the girls from RH.

Both Queen and Fortman along with a few others (Seals, Vanderhoof, Porter twins, Terry and others) in the 16th are very good. Spindoc has stated in past threads that he would take an all star squad from the 16th and like his chances anywhere. I 100% agre, this 16th Region is filled with very talented players and has several very good coaches.:thumb: :thumb:

I am not going to go round and round with you on this but just seems that you were the only one trying to imply anything. If I am wrong, s be it and I apologize :thumb: . Lets try and keep this on the two deserving individuals: Bob Trimble and Jessica Fortman.

It is not my intention to reflect negatively on Fortman or Trimble. I think that, if you review my posts, I have always been a Fortman supporter. I don't know much about Trimble but he did lead Raceland to the Class A regional championship.

Wow. Great job to both Coach Trimble and Ms. Fortman but I too wonder how they passed over Emily Queen on this one. Individually her stats are beyond compare and team wise she has now lead her team to back to back Sweet Sixteens. I am in no way trying to disrespect Ms. Fortman, a great player and person. But on both fronts, individually and within team success, Emily Queen was the top player.

Both Queen and Fortman along with a few others (Seals, Vanderhoof, Porter twins, Terry and others) in the 16th are very good. Spindoc has stated in past threads that he would take an all star squad from the 16th and like his chances anywhere. I 100% agre, this 16th Region is filled with very talented players and has several very good coaches.:thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: Great post!!!

Congratulations to Miss Fortman and Coach Bobby Trimble, great accomplishment for both.

I am biased, but I am glad to see Bobby get the recognition, he was a great athlete and has become a great coach.

I had hoped that we could avoid the 2 pages of banter about how one becomes a POY or COY according to the KABC. Just as one is not allowed to win the lottery without paying the $1 to buy the ticket, regardless if you wrote the winning #'s down prior to the drawing. You must be a member of the KABC. We went through this ad nauseum last year with those up in arms that Kala F. didn't win from Rose Hill. Please,,,,,,you are not eligible if you ain't on the ballot. If RH had been part of the KABC, I'd guess Kala would have won, not taking anything from the Comet who did win last year. However, Emily ain't eligible to be voted for if her school isn't a paid member.

I had hoped that we could avoid the 2 pages of banter about how one becomes a POY or COY according to the KABC. Just as one is not allowed to win the lottery without paying the $1 to buy the ticket, regardless if you wrote the winning #'s down prior to the drawing. You must be a member of the KABC. We went through this ad nauseum last year with those up in arms that Kala F. didn't win from Rose Hill. Please,,,,,,you are not eligible if you ain't on the ballot. If RH had been part of the KABC, I'd guess Kala would have won, not taking anything from the Comet who did win last year. However, Emily ain't eligible to be voted for if her school isn't a paid member.

There are no names on the ballot spindoc.

You fill in your vote.

There are no names on the ballot spindoc.

You fill in your vote.

I was using a generalization Jay. Can you vote for your own player as a coach? And if there is no type of ballot, how would one know who were dues paid and eligible?

I was using a generalization Jay. Can you vote for your own player as a coach? And if there is no type of ballot, how would one know who were dues paid and eligible?

Yes.

I guess they sort through the ballots and see who has paid?

Maybe you should call or write them since this is such a big issue every year for some posters.