Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kevin Durant...

Featured Replies

I talk Millions of dollars and any girl you want over. Any girl you want and going to school.:lol:

We're talking world record insurance policy here. ;) Let's see how they finish out and revisit a heat of the moment statement...

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're talking world record insurance policy here. ;) Let's see how they finish out and revisit a heat of the moment statement...

:lol: :lol: He's gone.

I talk Millions of dollars and any girl you want over. Any girl you want and going to school.:lol:

 

I'd say there probably more to it than just $$$ and women. NCAA limits practice / team functions to 20 hours per week, right? I'd say the demands of an NBA team are somewhat greater. Also you only have to play about 35 games comparred to 82+. As he is only 18 he likely enjoys some aspects of college life that won't be available if he chooses to leave.

I'd say there probably more to it than just $$$ and women. NCAA limits practice / team functions to 20 hours per week, right? I'd say the demands of an NBA team are somewhat greater. Also you only have to play about 35 games comparred to 82+. As he is only 18 he likely enjoys some aspects of college life that won't be available if he chooses to leave.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Sometimes he'll throw up a shot that really isn't necessary, I can live with those shots because he usually has two defenders in his face, one UT player is left boxed out and it makes his shot look like a fairly good decision. I'm greedy, I want him back for another season, the kid has me hooked, I need another hit.....Pretty soon I'll be on A&E, I'm NEERFAN, forget about heroine and meth, I'm addicted to 35.

I did find this but it is about 1 month old.

 

Father says Durant may stay at Texas

By Chip Brown

 

Quote:

The Dallas Morning News

 

(MCT)

 

AUSTIN, Texas - The father of Texas freshman Kevin Durant said Wednesday it's not a slam dunk that Durant will turn pro after this season.

"There's a chance he would come back to Texas next year," said Durant's father, Wayne Pratt. "Kevin is so young. There's not a rush for him to go to the NBA. Right now, we're not even talking about that. We're talking about winning the Big 12, and Kevin continuing to progress academically."

 

Durant, the Big 12's leading scorer (24.9 ppg) and rebounder (11.4 rpg), is tired of questions about whether he'll jump to the NBA after this season. He doesn't answer them anymore because he said it draws attention away from his teammates.

 

"Right now, I'm trying to win games at Texas," Durant said. "That's all I'm thinking about."

 

Pratt, a police officer at the Library of Congress in Washington D.C., said just because Kevin could be the first or second pick in this year's draft doesn't mean he'll turn pro.

 

"There's certain things that Kevin has to show and do before that decision is made, and we still have some things we need to see," Pratt said.

 

When asked about the goals Kevin needs to reach, Pratt is quick to point out that Kevin only turned 18 in September.

 

"It's a total thing - mentally, physically, all those things have to be intact before a decision can be made," Pratt said. "My wife and I have pretty good jobs. There's no rush for him to go to the NBA."

 

Kevin's mother, Wanda Pratt, is a manager for the U.S. Postal Service.

 

Durant made a 3.0 grade point average in the fall semester and has said he wants to improve on that this semester. He has told Texas officials he will attend classes the entire spring semester, which concludes with finals in mid-May. The deadline for underclassmen to enter the NBA Draft is April 29.

 

"Kevin is enjoying college life," Pratt said. "He's grown from a young boy to a young man, and he's doing well academically, which is most important to me and my wife."

 

Texas coach Rick Barnes said he's tired of reporters and TV commentators making assumptions about Durant jumping to the NBA. Barnes was even upset with Texas students who began chanting, "One More Year!" to Durant during Monday's victory against Oklahoma State.

 

"Kevin doesn't want it to be about him," Barnes said. "He thinks all that stuff takes away from the team."

 

Barnes, whose Longhorns play at Baylor on Saturday, said Kevin's parents have been consistent in their message to him about Kevin's future.

 

"Kevin and his parents are smart, intelligent people, who are going to make their own decision," Barnes said. "They are not going to let other people make this decision for them."

 

Pratt said Kevin wants to win a national title at Texas.

 

"Kevin's got to light that tower up," Pratt said. "That's what we came there to do to help with getting that done. Coach Barnes laid the foundation and we just want to be a part of that. I'm looking forward to Texas being on top of the basketball world. If they play like they did Monday, I think they can get it done this season."

 

Only 18 years old. Wow. Just think if he had been held back like so many players are now. I know of two players in high school, one in the 16th region and another a very, very well known player, who will both be 20 before their first college game. I am not going to say who these players are specifically but it is not uncommon and it is so cool seeing players like Durant and Oden who are the right age doing great in college.

He is a beast, most exciting player to watch in the college basketball.

This kid is great! If he stays they dominate the Big 12 next year. IMO

 

:p

Would be great for College Basketball if he stayed another year.

If he stays I would say the Big 12 would come down to UT, KSt, or KU next year.

Noah from Florida is rooting for Durant and Oden to come back next year, haha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.