Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Russell Repeats in the 16th

Featured Replies

I am sorry for being wrong on the name, I knew it was Saint something. Either way he was a very good player and athlete and was better than Vanhoose, in my humble opinion.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you shouldnt have revealed who you are, everyone knows Brock.

 

 

 

I realize that, and just about everyone already knows who I am on here. As a matter of fact, you and I just talked about 3 weeks ago. :D

I am sorry for being wrong on the name, I knew it was Saint something. Either way he was a very good player and athlete and was better than Vanhoose, in my humble opinion.

 

 

 

Well I know someone who agrees with you, and like I stated I was thinking about the wrong Sisler.

I just checked with my cousin Brock who played on those Boyd Co. teams, and I mistook Kent Sisler with his younger brother that graduated with Brock. He also stated that Kent played for St. Francis (Pa), not St. Joseph.

 

Jeff Sisler was his name, and I concur that Hoose is a lot better than he was.

I realize that, and just about everyone already knows who I am on here. As a matter of fact, you and I just talked about 3 weeks ago. :D

 

 

You must be mistaken because about three weeks ago my jaw was wired shut.

How many points did they score last year at Rupp with Vanhoose????

Probably about 27 more than some of the people you have named.

You must be mistaken because about three weeks ago my jaw was wired shut.

 

 

Trust me. I know exactly what I speaketh of. :p

Probably about 27 more than some of the people you have named.

 

27, oohh thats impressive I thought it was 24. My bad, thanks for clearing that grade school score up for me.

27, oohh thats impressive I thought it was 24. My bad, thanks for clearing that grade school score up for me.

:lol: TOO FUNNY!!!!

:lol: TOO FUNNY!!!!

 

Looks isnt everything so I went into Comedy

I don't think that's an "glasses on" accessment. Jonathan will definately be missed and with him I don't think anyone could touch Russell. But without him it brings Russell back to the rest of the pack. And while most people don't consider them the odds-on favorite now, the can still win it. It brings them down to everyone level now. I'm not saying that they couldn't have been beat with Vanhoose because I know they could have. (Ashland has a very good team with Wilcox, Thomas, and McDavid and they can beat anybody on any night). Russell has the seniors and the athletes to get it done this year and most of all, they play great defense and that goes a long way in the regional. I'm not saying they're going to win it but it would be very foolish to think that they CAN NOT win it without Vanhoose because I know they can. That is not a bias opinion and I'm not looking through "Maroon Glasses", it's the truth. You may not think they WILL but to think that they CAN'T is foolish.

 

This is a totally different team without Vanhoose. Just remember, when its crunch time, they won't have Jon to hit the clutch shot. They also won't have him to take it to the next level and score 30 points against the big dogs, either.

Nothing against Jonathan but I have to agree with Big Bubba on this one. I can name several that were better than Vanhoose from this area, school by school. Here is a short list:

 

Ashland

1. Marty Thomas

2. Chuck Cantrell

3. Mark Surgalski (I may have spelled that wrong)

4. Jerry Johnson

 

Fairview

1. Jeff Hall

2. Clarence Thompson

3. Don Rigsby

 

Boyd Co.

1. Frank Lee

2. Tyler Zornes

3. Sisler

4. Kevin Mullins

5. Jason Goad

 

Russell

1. Jones

2. Ryan Watkins

3. Mickey Syndenstricker

4. Roberts

5. Hensley

 

 

 

Greenup County Holy Family

1. Steve Skaggs 1. Art McCullough

2. Mike Scott 2. David Layne

 

Like I said, this is a quick list and not going back too far in region history, clearly Larry Conley, Harold Sargent and some others from the Ashland championship team would be ahead of Jonathan as well. And I want to make myself as clear as possible; this is no knock at this young man's career. He had a great run and this year he was most likely the best player in the region.

But there is noway that he is top five all time in 16th region history.

I would add Dave Wooten to the Boyd county list and Dave Branham to the Russell list.

27, oohh thats impressive I thought it was 24. My bad, thanks for clearing that grade school score up for me.

27, 24 it doesn't matter when your dodging a statement.

I don't have the score from the state tournament appearance that Russell had with Hensley but I would venture to say that it was more than 27.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.