Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 63 Russell 62

Featured Replies

Great win for the Lady Rams. Congrats!!

 

Heard that Vanderhoof went down early in the 4th with another

possible knee injury?

Anyone have word on her..........

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the season the Lady Rams had set 3 main goals:

 

1. A class A 16th Region Championship = chk.

2. A 63rd District Championship = chk.

3. A 16th Region overall Championship

 

2 down and one to go!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

 

If Rowan Co., Russel, and Rose Hill draw into the same bracket this is very possible. With that kind of draw whom ever comes out of that bracket will be beaten up and worn out by the time they get to the championship. Should be an exciting 16th region girls basketball tournament at the AAC in Morehead. Congrats and good luck Lady Rams.:thumb:

Russell. With all due respect to Raceland for their achievement, I believe that this game makes Russell an even greater favorite to win the region. Raceland may have won a week too early. However, you take your championships when you can get them. So I do congratulate Raceland.

 

I believe this game may well just serve as a wakeup call for Russell. Their pride is bruised but there will be another day and no one will want to draw them in the first round at Morehead. It is likely that Coach Kidwell and his staff will have the full attention of their girls.

 

I hope that mighty Rose Hill doesn't draw Russell in round 1!!!

:dancingpa

 

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! Thoughts and prayers with Rachael. She went down in the exact same spot on the floor as three other injuries in this tournament. I walked over that spot after the game and there is a definite dip in the floor. Lewis County definitely needs to look at maintenance on their floor.

 

How is it that Russell could only manage to have 5 students in their student section?!:confused:

Saw all three Russell/Raceland games and from the first two, never would have thought it!!! Made my first prediction of the year (Devils by 20) and my last due to possible future jinxes.

 

Disagree Herd96...thought the Devils indeed came out ready to play...up by 7 after the first quarter.

 

Very key that Raceland did not let Russell extend the lead in the second and third quarters. Kept hanging around.

 

Stat of the game - Raceland goes 10-12 from the field in the 4th qtr with Russell defenders in their grill

 

Seals made some big shots down the stretch, but without the Porter twins, Raceland loses at least by double digits. They were the unsung heroes of the game (combined 24 points).

 

Congrats on a great win.

 

Here's to an all 63rd Regional Final!

Congratulations to the Lady Rams - on a sweet win!!!!:thumb:

: CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! Thoughts and prayers with Rachael. She went down in the exact same spot on the floor as three other injuries in this tournament. I walked over that spot after the game and there is a definite dip in the floor. Lewis County definitely needs to look at maintenance on their floor:

 

Another girl tore a leg muscle in that spot and I talked to a mother who said her son sprained her ankle in that same spot in the past. Lewis County definitely has a liability and needs to do something. They should move the Friday night game somewhere else. If it is a floor problem it is not worth playing if someone else gets hurt.

I hope that mighty Rose Hill doesn't draw Russell in round 1!!!

 

I'm sure your sincere concern is noted on Friendship Road.

Congrats to Raceland on a BIG victory. I hope that Rachel Vanderhoof's injury is not serious. All due respects to Seals, but I believe that Vanderhoof is the MVP of Raceland's success this year. She is the heart and soul of their team. Good luck in regionals.

Congrats to Raceland on a BIG victory. I hope that Rachel Vanderhoof's injury is not serious. All due respects to Seals, but I believe that Vanderhoof is the MVP of Raceland's success this year. She is the heart and soul of their team. Good luck in regionals.

 

Agreed.

Prayers go out to Rachael for full recovery from her injury.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Rachel too.

Hopefuly someone can update on Rachel's conditon. Prayers go out for her.

:dancingpa

 

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! Thoughts and prayers with Rachael. She went down in the exact same spot on the floor as three other injuries in this tournament. I walked over that spot after the game and there is a definite dip in the floor. Lewis County definitely needs to look at maintenance on their floor.

 

I have not heard this (about the floor) untill now. If this is the case I completely agree that the situation needs to be looked at and tonights boys game moved to another location. A major injury the other night in the boys game and Vanderhoofs injury tonight in the same spot on the floor? May not be anything to it but it doesn't sound good. How many kids have to be hurt before something is done? JMO

Congrats to Raceland on a BIG victory. I hope that Rachel Vanderhoof's injury is not serious. All due respects to Seals, but I believe that Vanderhoof is the MVP of Raceland's success this year. She is the heart and soul of their team. Good luck in regionals.

Vanderhoof along with Seals and the two Porter girls amoung others are valuble to this "Teams" sucsess. Imo that fact is what makes the Lady Rams a "Team". No one star, just a group of talented kids that are well coached and all work together and contribute. :ylsuper:

 

 

Does anyone have a list of the all tournament team?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.