Curtis Higgins takes Fern Creek job

Their best player transferred back to his school in Vir. Beach yesterday. # 9 Tyheem Lawton, what a shame and a huge loss.

I had heard when Bronger's demise was first announced he was considering it but I asked him a couple weeks ago at a ball game and he said he was staying are you 100% sure on that?

Tyheem is a great athlete no doubt but not near the death of the program or anything if he is gone. He lead the team in scoring with only 42 pts, nothing sensational by anyone's standards. He actually had a lot of missed catches that should have been scores last season. FC also has some younger kids that I think will step up and surprise some this season. #20 (I think) Jimmy Welch being one of them, hes been working hard this winter.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard when Bronger's demise was first announced he was considering it but I asked him a couple weeks ago at a ball game and he said he was staying are you 100% sure on that?

Tyheem is a great athlete no doubt but not near the death of the program or anything if he is gone. He lead the team in scoring with only 42 pts, nothing sensational by anyone's standards. He actually had a lot of missed catches that should have been scores last season. FC also has some younger kids that I think will step up and surprise some this season. #20 (I think) Jimmy Welch being one of them, hes been working hard this winter.

withdrew tuesday

Hey Charlie,

Fern Creek could be great with some stability and some better hires over the last few years. Russ Gibson had them in at 3-4 every year behind X-T-H!!!!

Could be a very good job

You're not comparing apples with apples.

Fern Creek isn't even close to the same school and situation as when Russ Gibson was the head coach there. He was allowed to recruit and get in any kid he wanted. Are you aware with the character of players that he won with and the situation he left behind? Wins and Loses doesn't always paint an accurate picture.

I don't disagree that Fern Creek could, or even currently isn't, a good job. My point is that programs in Louisville don't get the support or backing as programs out in the state. There are only 2-3 exceptions to this.

You're not comparing apples with apples.

Fern Creek isn't even close to the same school and situation as when Russ Gibson was the head coach there. He was allowed to recruit and get in any kid he wanted. Are you aware with the character of players that he won with and the situation he left behind? Wins and Loses doesn't always paint an accurate picture.

I just think it's kind of weird that this thread has CHARLIE WEIS and KNUTE ROCKNE at odds.:creepy:

• 2 weeks later...

I heard last nights introduction to the Alumni at FC went well for Higgins and he has set the bar high for what he wants to do with the program. There is a lot of buzz and excitement surrounding what he plans to do. More and more I think this may have been a very wise move by the Creek!