Curtis Higgins takes Fern Creek job

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was posted on here last week that this was going to happen. He made it official today, and the Trigg County radio station has something posted on their blog.

LINK

I bet Red's time at Male is drawing to a close and Higgins will be the successor. :cool:

Can't say I'm shocked Higgins has been linked to a couple of other jobs (South Oldham & Marshall Co. are 2 others he applied for).

He'll get the kids out with his preferred open offense and pressure "Confusion/Junkyard" defense that Male runs.

When he first arrived at Trigg, they threw the ball all over the place. But as the personnel evolved, so did the play calling. When he had two D-1 lineman and a big quick back, he ran the ball a lot. He will still spread the field, but if he has a good QB, I think he'll call a lot of pass plays.

Higgie is a good QB's dream for a coach, when he has had a QB that could pass he did lots of it. In my opinion, his weakness is in that crazy defense that was not kind to him in the past.

"Junkyard Defense" will be far better to him with his new personel they are more athletic and will be easier acalmated to that style of play. 60 Invert I wanna see it!

The type of ahletes will not be that much different. Higgins has had several kids sign D.1 and several others sign to play for WKY and so forth. Trigg would give Fern Creek all they wanted if they played the last several year or so. Higgins will have Fern Creek back where they belong very soon.

Don't kid yourself. Most schools in JC have more athletes than Trigg period. The lineman is where he will have to get them going. The lure of the athlete is why he is coming back.

He's coming back for more reasons then the athletes. That's obvious by the other openings he's applied for. He's had a good run of athletes at Trigg but considered by some that he can't win the big game.

He's coming back for more reasons then the athletes. That's obvious by the other openings he's applied for. He's had a good run of athletes at Trigg but considered by some that he can't win the big game.

I'll take a good job out in the state anytime over a middle of the road program in Louisville. He will have very little financial assistance, help with getting staff into the building, and will play most of his games in stadiums that are 1/3 full. The public schools in Jeff. Co. are the land of the haves and have nots. The last time time I check there are only two maybe three haves and Fern Creek wasn't one of them.

Best of luck to Coach Higgins. I hope that grass is as green as it appears to be!!:thumb:

The best thing about JC is that you can change your future in amtter of a season or two with open enrollment and out in the state you get what you get. FC has some money for the program and has a real good following, better than many in JC.