Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thurman admits to DUI

Featured Replies

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman admitted today he was drunk and driving early the morning of Sept. 25 when he was stopped at a DUI checkpoint on Kellogg Avenue in Cincinnati.

 

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge John Burlew ordered Thurman to pay a $250 fine and spend 90 days in jail, but delayed the sentence until June because Thurman is in alcohol treatment.

 

If Thurman continues treatment and has no other alcohol-related offenses, Burlew said he may reduce the jail sentence when Thurman returns to court.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

Burlew also suspended Thurman's driver's license for one year.

 

Thurman, 23, pleaded no contest to a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. A related DUI charge and a charge of driving on the wrong side of the road were dismissed in exchange for the plea.

 

Thurman told the judge he was an alcoholic and was trying to straighten out his life.

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070221/SPT02/302210031/

Thurman told the judge he was an alcoholic and was trying to straighten out his life.

 

I hope he really means that. As the say, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I didnt know you had to admit to a DUI. Cant they just pretty much tell your wasted?

I hope he can straighten out his life, that is much more important then any tackle he can make on Sunday!

  • Author
I didnt know you had to admit to a DUI. Cant they just pretty much tell your wasted?

You still get a trial if you want...

I didnt know you had to admit to a DUI. Cant they just pretty much tell your wasted?

 

 

Yes, but by admitting his guilt (plea bargain), he was able to drop the two other charges.

Not all DUI's are committed by persons who are wasted drunk. Some just happen to be driving while over the legal limit which makes them legally impaired to operate a motor vehicle. :)

I didnt know you had to admit to a DUI. Cant they just pretty much tell your wasted?
I would say 95% of people in court for a DUI plead not guilty.

 

The other 5% are stupid.

I would say 95% of people in court for a DUI plead not guilty.

 

The other 5% are stupid.

 

Going to have to disagree there.

I didnt know you had to admit to a DUI. Cant they just pretty much tell your wasted?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When I first read the title i was thinking the same exact thing...

I would say 95% of people in court for a DUI plead not guilty.

 

The other 5% are stupid.

 

 

I think that's backwards.

Going to have to disagree there.
Why?
I think that's backwards.
If it is then 95% of people that get a DUI are stupid, I think that goes without saying though.

 

Any lawyer worth it will get a plea down do reckless driving. Anyone who goes in and just pleads guilty to a DUI is an idiot.

If it is then 95% of people that get a DUI are stupid, I think that goes without saying though.

 

Any lawyer worth it will get a plea down do reckless driving. Anyone who goes in and just pleads guilty to a DUI is an idiot.

 

If you plea out you have to plead guilty. :creepy:

 

If you go to court and plead not-guilty you are going to have to produce some MAJOR evidence that you were 100% sober or you will get the maximum punishment.

I would say 95% of people in court for a DUI plead not guilty.

 

The other 5% are stupid.

 

Any lawyer worth it will get a plea down do reckless driving. Anyone who goes in and just pleads guilty to a DUI is an idiot.

 

This makes you sound like you think drinking and driving isn't a big deal. If a person gets behind the wheel intoxicated, they are putting the lives of innocent people in jeopardy. If someone is man enough to admit to their wrong doing, then I have a little more respect (for lack of a better word as respect and DUI don't go hand-in-hand) for them then someone that fights the charge in court. If you're behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, and you blow a .08 or higher, then there shouldn't be an lieniency (sp?) in the law.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.