February 22, 200719 yr This makes you sound like you think drinking and driving isn't a big deal. If a person gets behind the wheel intoxicated, they are putting the lives of innocent people in jeopardy. If someone is man enough to admit to their wrong doing, then I have a little more respect (for lack of a better word as respect and DUI don't go hand-in-hand) for them then someone that fights the charge in court. If you're behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, and you blow a .08 or higher, then there shouldn't be an lieniency (sp?) in the law.I'll leave it at this. You guys don't know what you're talking about.
February 22, 200719 yr Some of you guys know way to much about DUI then you prolly should it sounds like.:sssh:
February 22, 200719 yr I'll leave it at this. You guys don't know what you're talking about. You gave your opinion and three people disagreed with it. Just because people are not agreeing, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Drinking and driving is a touchy situation with many people. Your comments make it sound like you think drinking and driving is OK, because if you do get caught, then don't admit it, fight it and you'll only get a slap on the wrist. You may not feel like that, but that's the impression I got from your words, and apparently, two others have too.
February 23, 200719 yr You gave your opinion and three people disagreed with it. Just because people are not agreeing, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Drinking and driving is a touchy situation with many people. Your comments make it sound like you think drinking and driving is OK, because if you do get caught, then don't admit it, fight it and you'll only get a slap on the wrist. You may not feel like that, but that's the impression I got from your words, and apparently, two others have too.I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm not downplaying, im telling you that's the way it is. I've had two good friends killed by impaired drivers, I am not one that would EVER downplay it. You can take my comments however you want. I listen, see, hear DUI cases EVERY SINGLE DAY, I'm telling you, right or wrong, this is the way it is.
February 24, 200719 yr Thurman told the judge he was an alcoholic and was trying to straighten out his life. I hope he really means that. As the say, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Admitting you have a problem is easy. Accepting the fact that one is an alcoholic and doing something about is the when the real work begins.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.