2 Gonzaga Players Arrested...

Lucky Charms

CHENEY, Wash. -- Gonzaga basketball players Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis were arrested Friday night after police found marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms in their car during a traffic stop, an officer said.

Heytvelt, a starting forward and one of the team's top scorers, and Davis, an injured freshman, were booked into Spokane County Jail for investigation of drug possession. The amount of marijuana was only enough for a misdemeanor, but possession of mushrooms is a felony, Cheney Police Cmdr. Rick Campbell on Saturday.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_BKC_Gonzaga_Arrests.html

CHENEY, Wash. -- Gonzaga basketball players Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis were arrested Friday night after police found marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms in their car during a traffic stop, an officer said.

Heytvelt, a starting forward and one of the team's top scorers, and Davis, an injured freshman, were booked into Spokane County Jail for investigation of drug possession. The amount of marijuana was only enough for a misdemeanor, but possession of mushrooms is a felony, Cheney Police Cmdr. Rick Campbell on Saturday.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_BKC_Gonzaga_Arrests.html

How can Marijuanna be a misdemeanor and Mushrooms a felony?

I'll never understand what goes threw a college or pro athletes head. How can you ruin your future like this.

I'm guessing mushrooms and pot were in their heads! Certainly seems like a commom-sense deterent!

Honestly, I know what you mean. It seems like so many kids have a lifetime of potential and throw it all away. But that's not just ballplayers. I teach school and have seen some of my best get lost along the route. Sad.

I'm guessing mushrooms and pot were in their heads! Certainly seems like a commom-sense deterent!

Honestly, I know what you mean. It seems like so many kids have a lifetime of potential and throw it all away. But that's not just ballplayers. I teach school and have seen some of my best get lost along the route. Sad.

It's horrible. I'd give anything to be in thier shoes, minus the drugs.