Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman 49 Franklin-Simpson 14

Who wins? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Franklin-Simpson
      14%
      7
    • Paducah Tilghman
      85%
      40

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I’ve been riding with the Tornado the past couple of seasons and while I still believe the gap in talent between these two teams are significantly different, I won’t be shocked if FS steals this game. I’ve began to start questioning the philosophy for this football team, there comes a point in a season where the coaches start to figure out a team’s strengths and weaknesses. Have to be willing to cater to the team rather than trying to force the system onto them. Mentioned above PT has the size up front and a couple of backs that can hit their head on the goalpost any given touch. Been a strange year from an outsiders perspective because they have what seems to be everything you need to be dominant, just haven’t really seen it come to life. FS has improved so much as the season has progressed and after that bad loss to Logan County at home these past two weeks they’ve played with tremendous energy. They played this PT team tough in the first meeting and I’m sure that garnered some confidence coming into this one.

Do I really believe FS wins? Probably not, but I’ll ride with the underdog. If PT doesn’t put a lid on this one early and often they’ll find themselves in a dog fight in the 4th quarter. 

  • Replies 106
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just run the ball.  You have 2 D1 OL and 2 good RBs.  RUN THE BALL and give your QB easier throws and let the WR do the work.  

  • Tilghman’s defense is so much better then it was back in September.

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    The burning question. What will PT do at qb for this game?  After Stone Crowe was pulled after his 4th interception, wide receiver Avery Thompson took over. He did play qb some while he was in mi

Franklin Simpson has a good offense but a weak defense. They allowed 281 yards rushing to John Hardin with Pittman out most of the game and 180 yards passing. 

If Tilghman cleans up the dropped passes, turnovers and penalties, they should win easily with the talent advantage they have. FS has a pretty potent but very one-dimensional offense. They played their cleanest game of the year against John Hardin as far as penalties and turnovers are concerned. The only times they didn’t score were when they took a knee at the end of each half. The defense is the big issue. FS  just about has to score on each possession and hope to get a couple of defensive stops along the way. If FS plays a clean game and converts in the red zone, and if Tilghman makes a lot of mistakes, FS has a shot. I expect Tilghman to buckle down after last week’s performance and get the job done. I hope I’m wrong. 

This is going to be a beat down. Glasgow threw all over FS towards the end. PT may throw for 300, Crowe will get his mojo back, and Taylor Co will be long forgotten. 

What region will the officials come from?

18 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

What region will the officials come from?

Hopefully outside of western Kentucky. ?

I am assuming that PT’s 2nd string RB, Mason Copeland, is out for this game.  He had been running well - sort of the Lightning to Wilson’s thunder.  
 

But I think PT has several options to pivot to.  You might see McPike back there some. Crumble?  Any chance at Issac James getting carries?

38 minutes ago, PTown Dad said:

I am assuming that PT’s 2nd string RB, Mason Copeland, is out for this game.  He had been running well - sort of the Lightning to Wilson’s thunder.  
 

But I think PT has several options to pivot to.  You might see McPike back there some. Crumble?  Any chance at Issac James getting carries?

I think Issac James would look great as another option in the back field. I would only have him  as an option to mix things up if needed. His role on defense is important and wouldn’t want to lose him and the way he runs I would be worried about injury. On another note I feel like he’s one of the best gunners on kickoff I’ve ever seen in high school!

Is FS the double handoff team?  I hadn’t seen that much but one team ran that like 15 times on PT.  

So far, 7 (15.56%) takers on Franklin Simpson in the poll. Some comments seeing a blowout, some a close game. Lots of variables in this one after how last week unfolded. 

We'll get some answers tonight. The first game between these two PT had over 500 yards of offense, but like in the Taylor County game last week, they struggled to get the separation they would have liked. Many, many drives in the opponents territory only to come up empty. 

PT's defense only allowed 54 total yards against Taylor County last week and have looked better in recent weeks. That could go a long way in helping them in this contest.

Tonight, the dropped passes, turnovers and penalties have to slow way down. It has been a mess to say the least. 

Great weather for a mid-November game!

 

I won’t be able to do updates this week because I am officiating a wedding tomorrow and am heading to the rehearsal now. At least I can listen to it on the way home. 

2 minutes ago, FSfan said:

I won’t be able to do updates this week because I am officiating a wedding tomorrow and am heading to the rehearsal now. At least I can listen to it on the way home. 

So well rounded!!

15 minutes ago, FSfan said:

I won’t be able to do updates this week because I am officiating a wedding tomorrow and am heading to the rehearsal now. At least I can listen to it on the way home. 

Since its during the playoffs and you are officiating, you've got to throw a football reference in at some point during the ceremony. The parallels between marriage and the game we all love are there. 

I'm thinking way too hard about this now. Lol. 

Jack James just walked in. Maybe he'll bring some of that mojo from last year back with him. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.