Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bryan Station 24 Simon Kenton 14

Featured Replies

Entertaining game, congrats to Station.

Some of the worse coaching and decisions I’ve seen from a game. Absolutely horrible. Simon Kenton had the better players and play calling was horrible. Penalties killed drives and extended drives for Bryan station. 21-14, Simon Kenton hall 3 mins left and ran 2 halfback dives on 1st and 10, 3rd and 5, for no gain and loss of yards. After a timeout at that, then calls timeout after to throw simple go route on their own 20. 

Good win for station but could’ve gone the other way easily. 

TP94 had Station ranked ahead of SK by 7 points. 

31 minutes ago, FBallFanaticc said:

Simon Kenton had the better players and play calling was horrible

Ok, now I can't speak for the play calling, but to say SK had the better players, that isn't true. This was a good HS game between two mid tier teams. 

Bryan Station turned the ball over on downs twice in the redzone, once on a 4th and goal. They had two missed FGs. They consistently drove the field on SK, they just couldn't punch it in. 

I'm a Douglass guy, so I am not biased for Station. For every one 10+ yard completion SK had, Station had two. 

SK had good plays, but so did Station. I was at the game, I am assuming you were as well. The 24-14 margin was closer than the game actually was.

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Ok, now I can't speak for the play calling, but to say SK had the better players, that isn't true. This was a good HS game between two mid tier teams. 

Bryan Station turned the ball over on downs twice in the redzone, once on a 4th and goal. They had two missed FGs. They consistently drove the field on SK, they just couldn't punch it in. 

I'm a Douglass guy, so I am not biased for Station. For every one 10+ yard completion SK had, Station had two. 

SK had good plays, but so did Station. I was at the game, I am assuming you were as well. The 24-14 margin was closer than the game actually was.

Brown and Harris was the best 2 players on the field. 

7 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Brown and Harris was the best 2 players on the field.

LOL. You are a wild dude. 

48 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

TP94 had Station ranked ahead of SK by 7 points. 

I got the laughing emoji for saying BS by 7. I was close. Lol.

SK's QB throws some nice passes. SK seemed slow getting plays off a lot of times.

  • Author

Pioneers get a bye week next week. Hopefully get 3 or 4 starters back from injuries. Get ready for district play.

1 hour ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Ok, now I can't speak for the play calling, but to say SK had the better players, that isn't true. This was a good HS game between two mid tier teams. 

Bryan Station turned the ball over on downs twice in the redzone, once on a 4th and goal. They had two missed FGs. They consistently drove the field on SK, they just couldn't punch it in. 

I'm a Douglass guy, so I am not biased for Station. For every one 10+ yard completion SK had, Station had two. 

SK had good plays, but so did Station. I was at the game, I am assuming you were as well. The 24-14 margin was closer than the game actually was.

Rewatch the game if possible. Station had a few good players but Harris barely was involved in the game plan, unsure why, easily best player on field . Pendleton was getting 10 yards it felt like everytime he touched the ball for sk and had atleast 6 receptions, also had a stripped fumble td that was called back for a flag. 4 on station was great in open field but had a couple drops on dimes from the QB , was impressed with stations QB tonight, made a few good reads waited for plays to develop and then delivered some really nice throws. Sk QB was up and down, had some nice throws and a few bad ones. Two that were picks, one under thrown and another behind the receiver. Lines were pretty even matched, station couldn’t get anything going up the middle but coaches knew to get their playmakers outside, for some reason sk hasn’t figured that out in week 6, continued to try and ran up the middle when majority of the time it wasn’t working. 

Defensively for sk, it just looks like they don’t really work on their pass converge at all. Same issues all season long. Playing too far back, especially other teams key guys ( scheme isssue ) and then when the ball is in the air they never turn around and look for the ball, they play the receivers hands almost waiting for them to make the first move and are often late or end up hitting them before ball gets there and a flag is thrown. I don’t think I’ve seen them run man all season, everything looks like a zone. They barely blitz if ever, only on goal line defense seems like. Run defense has been solid but have been getting absolutely torched in passing game. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.