Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Lofton Documentary

Featured Replies

Will air on March 10 at 7PM on the SEC Network.  

Can’t wait to see this! Chris Lofton might be the most powerful athlete I’ve ever watched. He made a lifelong Augusta fan root for a Mason County player and a die hard Kentucky fan root for a Tennessee player. I’ll always wish he would’ve gotten a shot in the NBA. Young kids need to watch and learn from him. Quite possibly the 10th region’s best ever. 

On the Coaches podcast with @ChiefSmoke they talked about his work ethic. He stuck with football because his buddies he had played with still played and he wanted to play with them, then he’d shoot after football practice. I can’t wait to see this. I really wish he would’ve made it to UK.

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

On the Coaches podcast with @ChiefSmoke they talked about his work ethic. He stuck with football because his buddies he had played with still played and he wanted to play with them, then he’d shoot after football practice. I can’t wait to see this. I really wish he would’ve made it to UK.

First team all state WR as a senior. 

6 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Can’t wait to see this! Chris Lofton might be the most powerful athlete I’ve ever watched. He made a lifelong Augusta fan root for a Mason County player and a die hard Kentucky fan root for a Tennessee player. I’ll always wish he would’ve gotten a shot in the NBA. Young kids need to watch and learn from him. Quite possibly the 10th region’s best ever. 

Perfectly put.

I have fun saying this ....

"If he weren't the best shooter in the world, his best sport was football."

 Through the roof work ethic & character. He was physical. Got the Big Hit Award on the first offensive series, round 2 of the playoffs, 2001, playing in the mud & rain. He was a sophomore. 

When they hung his jersey in Knoxville, he invited his old HS football coach. it meant the world to me. Chris has never forgotten where he came from or the people with him before he had an elite level of success. 

 

image.png.e90c1174a0c73d528d0b502c9bbd6f0e.png

  • Author
8 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Can’t wait to see this! Chris Lofton might be the most powerful athlete I’ve ever watched. He made a lifelong Augusta fan root for a Mason County player and a die hard Kentucky fan root for a Tennessee player. I’ll always wish he would’ve gotten a shot in the NBA. Young kids need to watch and learn from him. Quite possibly the 10th region’s best ever. 

That’s saying something.  Augusta-Bracken is a fantastic rivalry, but the entire county bands together as one to root against the Royals.  Chris was and is an easy guy to get behind. 

  • Author
50 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I have fun saying this ....

"If he weren't the best shooter in the world, his best sport was football."

 Through the roof work ethic & character. He was physical. Got the Big Hit Award on the first offensive series, round 2 of the playoffs, 2001, playing in the mud & rain. He was a sophomore. 

When they hung his jersey in Knoxville, he invited his old HS football coach. it meant the world to me. Chris has never forgotten where he came from or the people with him before he had an elite level of success. 

 

image.png.e90c1174a0c73d528d0b502c9bbd6f0e.png

I remember when…

Ran into him multiple times at the Y.  Came away impressed with how nice a young man he was talking to this grey haired dinosaur.  Just a 1st class person that seemed to truly enjoy others.  

  • Author
3 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Ran into him multiple times at the Y.  Came away impressed with how nice a young man he was talking to this grey haired dinosaur.  Just a 1st class person that seemed to truly enjoy others.  

He likes that stairclimber. 

On 2/22/2025 at 1:03 PM, Quagmire said:

He made a lifelong Augusta fan root for a Mason County player and a die hard Kentucky fan root for a Tennessee player. 

I'm with you on this one. I use to just laugh watching him punish UK and think WOW and they said this dude wasn't good enough to play at UK, wild. 

I have "lofty" expectations for this one they better hit the mark.

I always heard he didn't get the UK offer because UK wanted him to give up football but he wouldn't. That's what they call SOB-Standing On  Business nowadays. He said screw yall I am going to make you regret this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.