Kevin Durant - Best in NCAA This Year?

mcpapa

Just finished watching Texas beat Texas Tech at Lubbock.

Kevin Durant with 37 points and 23 rebounds against a Bob Knight-coached team. Averaging 34ppg in conference play. To use a phrase I saw somewhere else in this forum, LEGENDARY.

Is he the best player in the NCAA as a freshman? I say yes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I really don't see anyone else you can make a serious argument for. He's an extremely complete player, being able to go in and bang the boards with the best of them, but also play excellent on the perimeter. Could improve a little on defense, but I think he's the most complete threat player in the country.

I love being right... :lol:
....:lol: and modesty, is your favorite trait.

Do you think, he's one and done....and what is your thoughts on players like Durant, leaving early. When was the last time, a player left early and instantly became a star....more are relegated to several years of play, which I often feel, could have been obtained in college.

He will be #1 pick in the draft if he keeps this up.

I hope he keeps it up then... I'd love to see him in Celtic green.:p

Off topic a bit... But you've got a great player (Durant) and you have a horrible team from Boston... Looks like a perfect match... He can come in and maybe be an impact... Now let's think back 10 years to the last time the Celtics were this bad. All signs pointed to them getting that #1 pick to take another player who had the letters D-U in his last name...

Darn that lottery. :lol:

....:lol: and modesty, is your favorite trait.

Do you think, he's one and done....and what is your thoughts on players like Durant, leaving early. When was the last time, a player left early and instantly became a star....more are relegated to several years of play, which I often feel, could have been obtained in college.

1 and done. No doubt. And we are watching a once in a generation kid right now. Enjoy...

How do you think he compares to, say, Carmelo Anthony - a "one-and-done" guy who is having an obvious impact in the NBA?
I think he's a better athlete, than Anthony....similar body styles, tall and lean.

His ball handling, will have to improve and playing the #3, will help his shooting from the perimeter....in time, has the similar potential.

1 and done. No doubt. And we are watching a once in a generation kid right now. Enjoy...
I get the same feeling, when watching him play....he is and will be, something special.

He's more complete than Melo at this stage...

Ahhh.... your starting to stretch a little. Melo lead his team to the Ship his frosh year.. and is doing pretty darn good against great talent in the NBA. Not to doubt Durant but lets see how he pans out. Melo's success is rare if you ask me.

Ahhh.... your starting to stretch a little. Melo lead his team to the Ship his frosh year.. and is doing pretty darn good against great talent in the NBA. Not to doubt Durant but lets see how he pans out. Melo's success is rare if you ask me.

Melo's game has developed nicely, but he wasn't what Durant is at this point...