Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Carter Beard Bridge (Interstate 471 to Interstate 71) - Damaged by Fire

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, theguru said:

bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

That picture from above reminds of the bus jumping scene in the Speed movie.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Can't wait to hear the reasoning these 4 fine individuals have to say about their decision to do such a thing.

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    No clue, but it is supposed to make it into the mid 40's Friday and Saturday. I can't help but imagine that temps in the middle 40's is more ideal than single digital temps for today and tomorrow morn

  • Pouring concrete!

Posted Images

  • Author

From the Ohio Department of Transportation - Cincinnati District 8

The first girder is about ready to be lifted into place on I-471.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

  • Author
1 minute ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Will the temperature play any bearing on the pouring/setting of the concrete?

 

That is way beyond my area of expertise.  Anyone?

26 minutes ago, theguru said:

That is way beyond my area of expertise.  Anyone?

No clue, but it is supposed to make it into the mid 40's Friday and Saturday. I can't help but imagine that temps in the middle 40's is more ideal than single digital temps for today and tomorrow morning. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

No clue, but it is supposed to make it into the mid 40's Friday and Saturday. I can't help but imagine that temps in the middle 40's is more ideal than single digital temps for today and tomorrow morning. 

Right, I am ready to celebrate the heat wave and break out a pair of shorts. 

27 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, I am ready to celebrate the heat wave and break out a pair of shorts. 

I'm the shorts all the time guy.  LOL

  • Author
1 minute ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

I'm the shorts all the time guy.  LOL

I am not far off of you there.  I am probably in shorts ten months out of the year.

  • Author

From WCPO 9

All of the replacement girders are in place on the southbound lanes of I-471 at the Big Mac Bridge.

Now crews are working to install additional reinforcing steel plates and cross frames, as well as scaffolding that will eventually be used to reconstruct the bridge deck.

progress.jpg

This is kind of like a sneak preview of the upcoming Brent Spence replacement project.  Just take this 471 project, double it and extend it over a decade.

  • Author
Just now, Tranquility Base said:

This is kind of like a sneak preview of the upcoming Brent Spence replacement project.  Just take this 471 project, double it and extend it over a decade.

I think it will be a lot more than double it but for sure.  That will will be a very interesting process/construction to follow.

  • Author

More from ODOT.

prep1.jpg

prep2.jpg

  • Author

Working in the snow today!

snow.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.