Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Pulaski County
      100%
    • Southwestern
      0%
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is one of the most fun rivalries IMO in the state. Till 2018, the series would go back and forth with Pulaski getting the victory over Southwestern come playoff time. Jason Foley and crew took the helm for the Warriors in 2019. Since then, the Warriors are 6-1 over the Maroons, with the lone win coming for PC in the regular season. Those first few wins by the warriors were pretty large upsets. Now, insert Travis Burns and company for the maroons. This is Coach Burns first taste in the big time county rivalry. 

Pulaski comes into this one winners of two straight and fresh off of a 55-0 win over Harlan County. Freshman QB Will Adams went 8-9 for 150 and 2 scores in the air, while Kasen Brock 6 carries for 70 yards and 2 scores. 

Southwestern comes into this one finally at .500 with a 28-0 shutout win over South Laurel. The stats aren't up yet for that one, but I would assume they relied on a strong run game and quick game to Dumphord. I did see video of a scuffle from the game, so it will be interesting to see if anyone from Southwestern has to miss the game on Friday. 

This one is for the one seed, and all the bragging rights in the town. Do the warriors continue their winning ways over the Maroons? Or do the Maroons start the Burns' tenure off with the win. 

  • Replies 37
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have been privileged to be on the call of every game in the history of this rivalry. LakeCumberlandSports will have video coverage on the SW stream and audio coverage on the PC stream. This should b

  • Carl Spackler
    Carl Spackler

    The Pulaski County seniors have never beaten Southwestern.  That changes this week, Maroons 41-14. 

  • Here is the link for tonight's game  

Burns starts his career off 1-0 against Southwestern 

Pulaski 28

Southwestern 7

Pulaski Co. 35-21.

Is Zach Anderson hurt?  I seen where they started a FR. at QB this week.

The Pulaski County seniors have never beaten Southwestern.  That changes this week, Maroons 41-14. 

On 10/21/2024 at 9:48 AM, LethalPG said:

Is Zach Anderson hurt?  I seen where they started a FR. at QB this week.

I’d expect to see Anderson back this week. Hearing he was a little banged up, and they thought a week off would do him some good. 

What is an appropriate length of time prior to the game to learn the fate of potentially suspended players?

 

I have had two coaches tell me they heard from the KHSAA on a Thursday evening prior to a game on Friday. 

I would have to assume that Southwestern has to be preparing for the worst and those players won't  be avaliable. I personally hope hope they all get to play and both teams are ready to go.

On 10/21/2024 at 9:15 PM, 12th Region Fan said:

I’d expect to see Anderson back this week. Hearing he was a little banged up, and they thought a week off would do him some good. 

I’ve heard maybe more than just a little banged up.  I guess will see.  Hopefully that’s the case.  Good athlete and player. 

Southwestern was pushed around by Belfry and Franklin County. I look for Pulaski County to similarly impose itself and feed Brock the football, riding him to victory. 

A win for Southwestern would salvage an otherwise disappointing season, and the Warriors will get up for this like no other game on the schedule... but the pendulum will start to swing back toward the north end.

On 10/22/2024 at 3:09 PM, WishboneCity said:

What is an appropriate length of time prior to the game to learn the fate of potentially suspended players?

 

I have had two coaches tell me they heard from the KHSAA on a Thursday evening prior to a game on Friday. 

Any word on the players availability this week?

One DQ from each school!

I have been privileged to be on the call of every game in the history of this rivalry. LakeCumberlandSports will have video coverage on the SW stream and audio coverage on the PC stream. This should be a very interesting evening of football. As I chatted with Coach Burns tonight, we agreed that about 7:30 est tomorrow we will find out! Join us for a fun night of HS football!

3 hours ago, LCS13 said:

One DQ from each school!

Appears this call was made on Thursday @Jumper_Dad. Less than desirable for both teams in my opinion. 

Here is the link for tonight's game

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.