Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier (OH) Predictions/Updates

Who Wins? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Trinity
      52%
      13
    • St. Xavier (OH)
      48%
      12

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/04/2024 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Trinity (4-2) welcomes Cincinnati St. Xavier (3-2) to Marshall Stadium on Friday night. It will be the 14th meeting all-time between the schools with Cincy X holding a 6-7 lead in the series. Meeting each of the past three years, Trinity has won each meeting and hasn’t lost to the Bombers since 2010.

The Shamrocks are coming off a hard loss versus arch rival St. Xavier. The Bombers are coming off a 22-17 win versus Elder (Ohio), who beat St. Xavier on a last second field goal the week prior to their Trinity win. The Bombers won on a last minute TD.

Trinity has been a very poor first half team each of their last two games. The Rocks trailed Male 21-6 at the break before coming back to win. They trailed St. X 16-3 at the break before losing 16-10. The Shamrocks Defense has been its strength and especially the D-Line as that group has come up big this season in key moments. 

Offensively, Trinity looks to still be trying to find an identity. The passing game has been tough to materialize most games. Sophomore QB Zane Johnson’s most reliable target is senior Jeremiah Lynn. He had the only TD last game vs St. X. Sophomore RB Jamaurion Berry has been great in the running game and been the Rocks’ most consistently reliable offensive weapon. 

All said, need to see a complete game from Trinity. The Rocks have yet to put one together and have looked pretty sloppy even in wins. A fast start to set the tone early would be wonderful.

The Bombers are led by QB Chase Herbstreit (yes, Kirk’s son). He leads them with 816 passing yards on the year with eight TDs. He is also the team’s leading rusher with 437 yards and six TDs. Juniors WR Cam Taylor, RB Jake Britt, and QB/ATH Daniel Vollmer are the other weapons Trinity will need to stop.

Judging by defensive stats, looks like Cincy X has been balanced but have had some games where the opposition was able to throw all over them. Also have some really good games vs the run. Their stud DL committed to Notre Dame is out for the year. Junior Linebacker Kobe Clapper leads the team with 45 tackles. He’s a 4-star per 247 and holds offers from the likes of UofL, UK, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Michigan, ND, and plenty of others.

Trinity does not shy away from competition ever in scheduling. This can be expected to be another tough one for the Shamrocks. And especially coming after that loss to St. Xavier. I’ve said it before this season but we will get to see how this team with many younger guys comes out and responds.

I watched Cincy St. X against Elder and they are a tough team. They have offensive tackle that's committed to Kentucky. This should be close game that either team could win.

 

  • Author
53 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I watched Cincy St. X against Elder and they are a tough team. They have offensive tackle that's committed to Kentucky. This should be close game that either team could win.

 

Yes. I haven't seen much more than clips and a little bit of that Moeller game. I am sure he will give the T D-Line some trouble. Not sure about the rest of that O-line. If they are even close to as big as the Center Grove (Ind.) O-Line I would be worried. 

1 hour ago, JIM SEYMOUR # 85 said:

Think Herbie & Ben will come ????

I think he was at their game last week so I would say possibly.

16 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think he was at their game last week so I would say possibly.

Saw a podcast interview where he said he flies home every Friday night to see his games.

How neat is that .

He just put his travel plans on X. He will be at the game. I hope he brings Ben. His flight schedule starting today is nuts. Private jet or not, that is an insane amount of flight hours. 

Calpreps says St. Xavier, 21-20. Should be a really good matchup. I think I'll take the Rocks.

On 9/29/2024 at 12:49 AM, St. Matthews Boy said:

The Bombers are led by QB Chase Herbstreit (yes, Kirk’s son). He leads them with 816 passing yards on the year with eight TDs. He is also the team’s leading rusher with 437 yards and six TDs.

I thought Herbie moved to Nashville a few years ago? I guess not, or at least his son didn't.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I thought Herbie moved to Nashville a few years ago? I guess not, or at least his son didn't.

His other boys played at Montgomery Bell in Nashville. After they went to college (Clemson and OSU) he moved to Cincy.

Trinity got the ball and had to punt, X has the ball at midfield. 

Rocks take over on downs on their own 29.

0-0

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.