Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 51 Bracken Co. 29

Featured Replies

All-Tournament Team

 

Clifton Willoughby, NC

Travis Massey, Deming

Chase Dumphord, Paris

Chris Owens, SP

Corey Pelle, SG

Josh White, Augusta

Dustin Staggs, Aug.

Ethan Glass, Calvary Ch

Joe Flanagan, CC

Jesse Hall, Bracken County

Eli Cooper, BC

Tyler Hamilton, BC

Josh Kidney, Bishop Brossart

Troy Cooper, BB

Jimmy Uebel, BB

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 04.

 

Even worse--Heard about it for three years!! :thumb:

Those that were at the game, will have to talk about how bad the officiating was. Listening to the Brossart announcers, they said the refs were allowing the kids to play TOO much and nearly lost control of the game.

 

It was very poor and got sort of comedic toward the end of the basketball game. I don't think they favorered either team, they were just out of position the whole game.

I'm a graduate of an all a school and this is our regional tournament every year. We simply can't compete with the larger schools in the district and region. To not have three referees in the finals was a slap in the face to schools like mine. You especially need three officials when one of the guys was out of position the entire game and asked for assistance from the other official in at least four calls, pathetic. We deserve better. I was ashamed when I left Brooksville.

I hope David Stern doesn't fine me...LOL!

It was very poor and got sort of comedic toward the end of the basketball game. I don't think they favorered either team, they were just out of position the whole game.

I'm a graduate of an all a school and this is our regional tournament every year. We simply can't compete with the larger schools in the district and region. To not have three referees in the finals was a slap in the face to schools like mine. You especially need three officials when one of the guys was out of position the entire game and asked for assistance from the other official in at least four calls, pathetic. We deserve better. I was ashamed when I left Brooksville.

I hope David Stern doesn't fine me...LOL!

Is this the fault of the host school or just the way it is?

It was very poor and got sort of comedic toward the end of the basketball game. I don't think they favorered either team, they were just out of position the whole game.

I'm a graduate of an all a school and this is our regional tournament every year. We simply can't compete with the larger schools in the district and region. To not have three referees in the finals was a slap in the face to schools like mine. You especially need three officials when one of the guys was out of position the entire game and asked for assistance from the other official in at least four calls, pathetic. We deserve better. I was ashamed when I left Brooksville.

I hope David Stern doesn't fine me...LOL!

 

Will have to agree with you letstalk. They did not favor any team more then the other. I would like too know why they did not have three officails for the finals and the semis also.

The officiating was something to be desired to say the least. There was never any consistency the entire game. I would hope the BBA (10th and 11th region officials association) could send three officials to the FINALS for the 10th Region Class "A", apparently not. IMHO there are better officials that could have worked that game.

 

Also, was it just where the group of people I was sitting w/ was or was the sound system a bit tough to understand, not very clear?:irked:

All-Tournament Team

 

Clifton Willoughby, NC

Travis Massey, Deming

Chase Dumphord, Paris

Chris Owens, SP

Corey Pelle, SG

Josh White, Augusta

Dustin Staggs, Aug.

Ethan Glass, Calvary Ch

Joe Flanagan, CC

Jesse Hall, Bracken County

Eli Cooper, BC

Tyler Hamilton, BC

Josh Kidney, Bishop Brossart

Troy Cooper, BB

Jimmy Uebel, BB

 

Congrats to all these young men,

 

Just wanted to say how classy the ovation was that the BB fans gave Corey Pelle of SG.

The officiating was something to be desired to say the least. There was never any consistency the entire game. I would hope the BBA (10th and 11th region officials association) could send three officials to the FINALS for the 10th Region Class "A", apparently not. IMHO there are better officials that could have worked that game.

 

Also, was it just where the group of people I was sitting w/ was or was the sound system a bit tough to understand, not very clear?:irked:

 

 

It was last night, Not normally like that at Bracken Co. They have one of the better sound systems and game callers I have heard, Normally

Very classy by the Brossart fans. This was much deserved, as Corey scored more points by himself vs. Brossart (33) than either Calvary (31) or Bracken

(29). Very nice article about Pelle and the town of Silver Grove in the Cincinnati Enquirer today.

If the All A coaches wanted three officials wouldn't they have been able to get them?

10th Region All-Academic Team

 

Graves, Deming

Duncan, Nichoals

Yeiser, Paris

Yeary, St. Pat

Wiseman, Silver Grove

Groves, Augusta

Bray, Calvary

Smith, Bracken

Rebholz, Brossart

 

 

Congrats to these young men. Student Athletes, the student allways comes first.

Is this the fault of the host school or just the way it is?

 

I don't think the host school has much of anything to do with the assigning of officials in a game like this. Let me say this--What a great job by the Bracken County group putting on a first class tourney!! Great facility and absolutely the cleanest gym I've seen!!

 

As far as the officiating, it was absolutely horrendous!! They even had several I know, who never complain about the calls; complaining about the calls?? No consistancy, a lot of out-of-positioning by both refs, several occasions they called the foul on the wrong kid, etc.; and I thought they came close to losing control of the game on several occasions!! Why not three refs--No idea, but I was told that's the way it is throughout the All "A"?? Sad, as it does a huge injustice to the kids who've worked so hard to get to this point!! For those who thought they favored neither team-----You watched a different game than I did????

Tom Mitchell has been very poor in his officiating the last 3 games I have seen him. He seems to let guys bang, push, handcheck, etc.

Very classy by the Brossart fans. This was much deserved, as Corey scored more points by himself vs. Brossart (33) than either Calvary (31) or Bracken

(29). Very nice article about Pelle and the town of Silver Grove in the Cincinnati Enquirer today.

 

Great article about Corey this morning, and very well deserved. Have to agree--Hat's off to the BB fans for recognizing him, and showing their respect for his efforts!! Unfortunately for the 'Stangs, we will probably have to play him again in districts; and he can single handedly alter a game!!

 

PS: Good to see Corey and Teddy Wiseman take the time to travel to BC last night to accept their awards!! Always nice to see the kids take the time to show up and accept their awards!!

PA Polarbear is one of the best in the 10th,but the sound system could be better. Have been there in the past and the cheerleaders used a boombox to do there act. Also, if your gonna host the All A,could you get some teachers or parents to run the concession stand? Would think that would be a major source of income for your school if it is done right. Have been to games at schools smaller than Bracken and never seen kids running the concessions. Plenty of teachers in the stands though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.