Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton at Dixie Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game? 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

SK is big every year.  They were a lot bigger last year and they still went about .500.  If they couldn’t get it done with a kid like Aba Selm then I have a hard time believing they will get it done with Miller, Adkins and Walker.  I will be a believer when I see the results.  Until then I say SK is about the same as SK was last season.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Oldercoach
    Oldercoach

    Coach Lucas’s Pioneers year after year have moved the ball against almost everyone.  The defensive side has regularly been another story.  This game might give fans whip-lash watching this high scorin

  • You could do worse for a pre-game meal but I definitely wouldn't want all that grease and fat before a game. 

  • Skyline Chili donated a meal last night to Dixie, thanks Skyline. 

Posted Images

On 8/17/2024 at 2:24 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

I am not a fan of watching games at Dixie wish they had better visitor bleachers.

When Beechwood plays at Dixie, most Beechwood fans sit in the far end of the main bleachers - not in the visitor bleachers.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:23 PM, Honey Badger said:

Any clue who is handling some of SK's kicking duties? I know they have freshman Mo Smith who can really bomb it. Caught some Turkeyfoot games when he was in the 7th and 8th grade and he was smashing the ball everytime but it still could be hard for him to see the field this year depending who they have kicker wise. Soccer was his main sport up until about the 7th grade. Also saw him with SK's JV and Varsity at some of their 7v7's. Any clue if he may see the field kicking or another position? He is blessed as a freak of an athlete and blessed with a great body frame but still has alot of polishing up to do with football coming kind of late to him. He will be fun to watch over the years.  

I wish he went to Dixie as he’s a good kid. The last time I talked to him he could be providing some depth at RB and safety on varsity, but starting RB on freshman. He could end up kicking some at the varsity level. This was all before scrimmages so things were still up in the air.

  • Author
21 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

I wish he went to Dixie as he’s a good kid. The last time I talked to him he could be providing some depth at RB and safety on varsity, but starting RB on freshman. He could end up kicking some at the varsity level. This was all before scrimmages so things were still up in the air.

He is one of 3 varsity running backs. He got carries in both scrimmages. He is going to be a good one.

8 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He is one of 3 varsity running backs. He got carries in both scrimmages. He is going to be a good one.

 

9 hours ago, nees1212 said:

I wish he went to Dixie as he’s a good kid. The last time I talked to him he could be providing some depth at RB and safety on varsity, but starting RB on freshman. He could end up kicking some at the varsity level. This was all before scrimmages so things were still up in the air.

I thought he would be a dominant WR one day the way he is built and the way he can run. Never pictured him being a RB until I saw it in live action and he was good. I agree he will be a good running back but if they could find a way to develop him into a receiver that's where he could really play at in college.. I was told he can't catch a cold tho that's why he is at RB rather than WR. Was a big surprise to me he ended up at SK rather than Dixie but I was told they had some basketball connections at SK.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

 

I thought he would be a dominant WR one day the way he is built and the way he can run. Never pictured him being a RB until I saw it in live action and he was good. I agree he will be a good running back but if they could find a way to develop him into a receiver that's where he could really play at in college.. I was told he can't catch a cold tho that's why he is at RB rather than WR. Was a big surprise to me he ended up at SK rather than Dixie but I was told they had some basketball connections at SK.

He got a couple passes the first scrimmage. 

On 8/17/2024 at 2:24 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

I am not a fan of watching games at Dixie wish they had better visitor bleachers.

I agree!  We usually sit on the home side furthest from the concession stand.  The problem with that is you have to walk through the "gauntlet" of Dixie fans to get there.  We take our lumps of lighthearted jeers and move on.  ?

I'll take Dixie. SK doesn't move as well up front. Might be big but slow 

7 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

 

I thought he would be a dominant WR one day the way he is built and the way he can run. Never pictured him being a RB until I saw it in live action and he was good. I agree he will be a good running back but if they could find a way to develop him into a receiver that's where he could really play at in college.. I was told he can't catch a cold tho that's why he is at RB rather than WR. Was a big surprise to me he ended up at SK rather than Dixie but I was told they had some basketball connections at SK.

He's been working on his hands this offseason as that was the one negative to his game.

The basketball connections may have been what led him to SK over other options, but wasn't the reason he didn't attend Dixie.

The poll is currently 19-15 Simon Kenton.  I agree this is a tough one to pick.  You can pick it here too:

 

  • Author
On 8/18/2024 at 3:25 PM, Cousin Chris said:

SK is big every year.  They were a lot bigger last year and they still went about .500.  If they couldn’t get it done with a kid like Aba Selm then I have a hard time believing they will get it done with Miller, Adkins and Walker.  I will be a believer when I see the results.  Until then I say SK is about the same as SK was last season.

They are paltooning this year. Alot of kids played both ways last year. Selm was on offense and defense almost every play. 

11 hours ago, nees1212 said:

He's been working on his hands this offseason as that was the one negative to his game.

The basketball connections may have been what led him to SK over other options, but wasn't the reason he didn't attend Dixie.

Any insight on why Dixie wasnt in the picture? Just wondering since he attended Turkeyfoot 6th-8th grade most would just assume Dixie was the leading candidate at some point. I know the commute to Dixie is quite closer for the family but also his father works not far from SK.

Dixie's had trouble running the ball against Simon lately with an average of 106.5 rushing yards per game the last two meetings: 133 last year and 80 the year before according to the stats Dixie reported to the KHSAA. Simon has had no problem running the ball against Dixie the last two meetings with 229 yards rushing last year and 496! two years ago for an average of 363.5, more than three times the rushing yards Dixie's been able to manage against Simon. If the old adage of running well and stopping the run wins football games, Simon will win on Friday. That said. I'm going with Dixie, just to be a contrarian while looking for an upset pick. New Colonel, tell me why I'm right about Dixie tomorrow.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.