Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton at Dixie Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game? 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
13 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Can Dixie really win?

No! SK passing game will be to hard for Dixie to catch up.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Oldercoach
    Oldercoach

    Coach Lucas’s Pioneers year after year have moved the ball against almost everyone.  The defensive side has regularly been another story.  This game might give fans whip-lash watching this high scorin

  • You could do worse for a pre-game meal but I definitely wouldn't want all that grease and fat before a game. 

  • Skyline Chili donated a meal last night to Dixie, thanks Skyline. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Dixie's had trouble running the ball against Simon lately with an average of 106.5 rushing yards per game the last two meetings: 133 last year and 80 the year before according to the stats Dixie reported to the KHSAA. Simon has had no problem running the ball against Dixie the last two meetings with 229 yards rushing last year and 496! two years ago for an average of 363.5, more than three times the rushing yards Dixie's been able to manage against Simon. If the old adage of running well and stopping the run wins football games, Simon will win on Friday. That said. I'm going with Dixie, just to be a contrarian while looking for an upset pick. New Colonel, tell me why I'm right about Dixie tomorrow.

I don't know much about this year's team.  But I look for a lot of carries from Armani Gregg, and that'll wear on any defense.

13 minutes ago, New Colonel said:

I don't know much about this year's team.  But I look for a lot of carries from Armani Gregg, and that'll wear on any defense.

Oh OK. I thought since you had been pumping Gregg really hard that you knew a lot about the team.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Oh OK. I thought since you had been pumping Gregg really hard that you knew a lot about the team.

Nope, I just know he's a big thick guy and if I were in charge, he'd get the ball 30+ times a game.  

 

As mentioned, high school football is predicated on the ability to run the ball.  They'll need a run game with what I believe is a young O-line.

From SK Sideliners Football Boosters on Facebook.

hogs.jpg

On 8/20/2024 at 3:08 AM, Honey Badger said:

 

I thought he would be a dominant WR one day the way he is built and the way he can run. Never pictured him being a RB until I saw it in live action and he was good. I agree he will be a good running back but if they could find a way to develop him into a receiver that's where he could really play at in college.. I was told he can't catch a cold tho that's why he is at RB rather than WR. Was a big surprise to me he ended up at SK rather than Dixie but I was told they had some basketball connections at SK.

Totally agree on the WR part over the RB. Honestly, I still don't see him as a RB, he's too tall as a freshman and has at least a few more inches to grow. From what I heard last year, ball security was a decent concern. For what it's worth, I also heard that the basketball situation at Dixie is why he is not there. He's a great kid and he's got a ton of potential, especially if he can put some weight on that frame.

1 minute ago, burreaux said:

Totally agree on the WR part over the RB. Honestly, I still don't see him as a RB, he's too tall as a freshman and has at least a few more inches to grow. From what I heard last year, ball security was a decent concern. For what it's worth, I also heard that the basketball situation at Dixie is why he is not there. He's a great kid and he's got a ton of potential, especially if he can put some weight on that frame.

Yeah I believe he is still growing. I would feel safe in saying that over time he will add the necessary weight.  He is still really really raw and has a very high ceiling he will be interesting to watch develop over the years. Has to be one of the best overall athletes in NKY's 2028 class. I don't think running back is his natural position. He is a high class sprinter in track, that doesn't always translate to running back skill sets. Saw him put the ball on the ground multiple times but that's correctable he was usually just trying to do too much. can't teach the size and speed he has but you can teach how to catch.

  • Author
25 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

Yeah I believe he is still growing. I would feel safe in saying that over time he will add the necessary weight.  He is still really really raw and has a very high ceiling he will be interesting to watch develop over the years. Has to be one of the best overall athletes in NKY's 2028 class. I don't think running back is his natural position. He is a high class sprinter in track, that doesn't always translate to running back skill sets. Saw him put the ball on the ground multiple times but that's correctable he was usually just trying to do too much. can't teach the size and speed he has but you can teach how to catch.

He has been training at Nevels he will be in good hands.

12 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He has been training at Nevels he will be in good hands.

can't argue with you on that one!

On 8/16/2024 at 11:08 PM, New Colonel said:

Hoping for a better year by the Colonels.  I'm interested to see what the QB decision will be.... Gregg or Fields.  I know the Colonels lost quite a few seniors last year, especially those up front.  They also lost their DC (Good Riddance).  Hopefully they fast, physical, and more disciplined.  Hopefully the coaching staff can stay out of their own way because there's definitely talent in the pipeline coming up.

Key words, "more disciplined".  Years past some of that talent left to go elsewhere, even before it reached the high school level.  I sure hope Dixie has a successful season, it would make NKY 5A stronger.

Skyline Chili donated a meal last night to Dixie, thanks Skyline. 

skyline.jpg

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

Skyline Chili donated a meal last night to Dixie, thanks Skyline. 

skyline.jpg

At least it wasn't the pre-game meal.

1 minute ago, New Colonel said:

At least it wasn't the pre-game meal.

You could do worse for a pre-game meal but I definitely wouldn't want all that grease and fat before a game. 

19 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He has been training at Nevels he will be in good hands.

Nevels is the best spot to train for anyone in the Cincy area!

  • Author

Simon Kenton Sideliners will broadcast the game live on Facebook. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.