Demetrius Goode?

02Ram54

Four-star Hargrave Military Academy running back Demetrius Goode informed CatsPause.com on Thursday that he has re-opened his recruitment.

"I just de-committed from Kentucky," Goode said. "One of their coaches was supposed to be here this weekend, but I won't be here. I'm going on a visit with Alabama this weekend."

Man, I don't know. I just wanted to see some more places," Goode said. "And really, I haven't heard much from the coaches since I've been up here at Hargrave, so I'm not sure what they think of me. I can't speak on that behalf."

He will likely end up at Alabama...

Im not sure what is going on there...heck, I thought he reopened it a few weeks back.

I really haven't been following UK football recruiting recently, but I do know they pulled the scholarship offer that was on the table for Vic Anderson from St. Xavier.

Wow, really? Any idea why, especially possibly losing a RB like Goode?

I couldn't tell you. The only thing I got was that they set a timetable with him to verbal.

Right now they are well over the number of scholarships to give.

True enough, but WOW. Hard to tell a good, local kid that you've run out of room.

Wow, really? Any idea why, especially possibly losing a RB like Goode?

Losing a between the tackles guy like Goode would hurt because there are so few of his type any more....seems like every back now is of the skat back nature. I think we sill still be okay in the long run after landing Brandon Jackson, but like said in numerous other threads, I was really anticipating the one two punch of Goode and Jackson in a few years. It appears like this won't happen.

No guarentee that he would pick UK anyhow. Maybe they figure a bird in the hand....

:thumb:

If he really wanted to go to UK, I suspect he would have. UK isn't in a position to sit around and wait on recruits if they have some ready to commit...they can't take the chance of losing out on all sides. Maybe in a few more years we'll get ourselves in a position to be more choosy, but until then, the bird in the hand...