Great Crossing vs. Lyon County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

image.png.f2469805438c320f90feacb730d24faf.pngvs. image.png.80df5ca3e319001da92749bb100f773b.png

Great Crossing (37-1) the states #1 ranked team take on the Lyon County (34-3) with the states #1 player Travis Perry. These two teams have 2 high quality common opponents in Lexington Catholic and Frederick Douglass. Lyon Co. defeated these two teams in back to back games in the Catholic holiday tournament. They defeated the Broncos 86-65 and Lexington Catholic 83-63. Great Crossing played Douglass once and Lexington Catholic twice. The Warhawks defeated the Broncos 71-66 and Catholic by scores of 58-50 and 56-53 in the 11th region championship.

I think Lyon County will have a shot in this one, but Mr. Basketball Travis Perry will need to play much better and have a big scoring game for the Lyons to get the win. The winner will advance to the 2024 State Championship vs. the winners of the Harlan Co./Evangel Christian game.

• Thanks 1

This might be unpopular but Crossing is gonna name the score in this one. They are way too athletic and big for Lyon. Even at the guard and wing positions, where it will help defending and closing out on some of the Lyon shooters. I don't know how Moreno doesn't have 30 rebounds this game, nobody on Lyon is above 6'4. And to that point Lyon County plays a zone defense without much ball pressure. How easy is it gonna be to dump the ball to Moreno and he just flick it over his shoulder because nobody else can even contest his floater? All he has to do is get to his spot and turn over his shoulder. Just a bad matchup.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Massey Ratings prediction ~ 

Great Crossing 70 

Lyon County 67 

I didn't think Massey would have it that close.

Maybe I have been reading too much Great Crossing hype.