Pendleton County 50 Bracken County 48 (10th Region Quarterfinal)

Very exciting game, although sloppy in the final two minutes.  Bracken County shot themselves in the foot with poor free throw shooting, but Pendleton failed to capitalize due to terrible rebounding and careless turnovers.  Lady Cats were finally able to hold off the Lady Bears to get the victory.

Junior guard Madison Verst paced Pendleton County with 16 points, including 5 triples.  Sophomore Lilly Ashcraft & freshman Hannah Spaulding both had 11 points, with Spaulding also pulling down 10 rebounds. 

Bracken County junior guard Nicole Archibald topped all scorers with 22 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This was definitely not a clinic on how to close out a game.  Pendleton was up 45-39 with 1:49 to go but as the young Mr. Parker stated, the LadyCats really struggled getting the ball on their side of the floor, and Bracken took a lead.  I'm not sure what the Lady Bears shot from the line in the 4th quarter, but it was quite bad.  

1 hour ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

This was definitely not a clinic on how to close out a game.  Pendleton was up 45-39 with 1:49 to go but as the young Mr. Parker stated, the LadyCats really struggled getting the ball on their side of the floor, and Bracken took a lead.  I'm not sure what the Lady Bears shot from the line in the 4th quarter, but it was quite bad.  

I think Bracken was 7-17 from the FT line in the 4th.  I know they were 11-24 for the game.