Field for 6th and 7th region tournament

Too bad most have to drive to BFE to watch.

As much as I get on JCPS about stuff, THIS decision to put the main gym for Tournaments at the extreme end of town is BRUTAL to basketball fans. Plus there is very little parking.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

As much as I get on JCPS about stuff, THIS decision to put the main gym for Tournaments at the extreme end of town is BRUTAL to basketball fans. Plus there is very little parking.

For LIT the parking lot was full so had to park off the property and my truck got broken into and they busted out my driver window. If I don't get into parking lot in future I'll just go home. Should have built that gym more central location like Seneca.

• Like 2

For 7th Region........

District winners:  St. X, Eastern, Manual, Trinity.

District runners-up:  Shawnee, Ballard, Male, Seneca.

I believe the drawing to set the bracket will occur Saturday morning.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

I think JCPS should build a new school at Seneca and put in a nice gym similar to the one at Valley. It would be convenient to the east side of the county plus not too far from downtown. Then hold the 7th Region there every year.

• Like 1

As a guy that will drive to 6 different region tournaments next week and up to 100 miles and I actually live in Indiana I have never understood the whole "I have to drive to Valley" thing. I always get there early and park close so that has never been an issue either. To each there own I guess but me myself I like the gym at Valley and never had one issue.

• Like 1

I gave up on this issue long ago, and I will continue to go to Valley for the 6th and 7th regional tournaments.  However, I don't think it is too much to ask that the 7th Region tournament be played within the 7th Region.  If JCPS is not willing to spend money to provide an adequate facility at a JCPS school, I think a return of the 7th Region tournament to Freedom Hall would be awesome.  But I am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

@Smallhoops I would personally hate it back at Freedom Hall. The thing I love about regional tournaments is the atmosphere. 4,000 or 5,000 fans in a 19,000-seat arena just does not create that and is not what makes these tournaments so special in my opinion.

• Like 3