Newport 46 Danville Christian 34 (Kentucky All 'A' Classic Quarterfinals)

6 minutes ago, MBKT said:

Surprised this was even a game. How?

Have you seen DCA?  They have a good defense.  The Massey Ratings has them at #17 in the state.  Newport is #7 on defense so both teams had trouble scoring.  DCA was up 4 at halftime but went cold in the third quarter.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 24Rocks said:

Have you seen DCA?  They have a good defense.  The Massey Ratings has them at #17 in the state.  Newport is #7 on defense so both teams had trouble scoring.  DCA was up 4 at halftime but went cold in the third quarter.  

DCA has great rim protection and is solid defensively. But I think points allowed is largely a function of style/pace of play and isn’t a great measure of the quality of a team’s defense.

8 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Newport only beat Sayre by a couple points in the first round. Based on that, I would’ve thought this final would’ve been closer. DCA has size and talent.

Thanks for sharing. I am a fan of Newport’s starting five,  but knew nothing about Danville Christian. 

People aren't watching these games who's saying closer than expected , Kinney is a shell of himself. Yes we got the matchup we wanted but this still isn't at full strength. Tay looks maybe 60% of himself, doesn't hardly have any explosion toward the rim. And struggling to run full speed especially in transition it's noticeable, and when he tries to keep good guards in front it's tough. I think they will go zone to help him but it's still not ideal. Wanted to see this heavyweight matchup at full strength. He is still talented enough to score but he needs to get healthy quick for them to do regional damage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoBucks97 said:

People aren't watching these games who's saying closer than expected , Kinney is a shell of himself. Yes we got the matchup we wanted but this still isn't at full strength. Tay looks maybe 60% of himself, doesn't hardly have any explosion toward the rim. And struggling to run full speed especially in transition it's noticeable, and when he tries to keep good guards in front it's tough. I think they will go zone to help him but it's still not ideal. Wanted to see this heavyweight matchup at full strength. He is still talented enough to score but he needs to get healthy quick for them to do regional damage.

Don’t fully know the extent of his injury but have seen him at a few games around town walking around in his boot. Base upon what @GoBucks97 is posting, are they rushing him back too soon? I know he’s valuable to their team, but if he’s at 60% is there a risk of more injury? Not judging but I would want him there for the long haul. Hoping it’s just one of those injuries where he can’t make it any worse. Praying he comes out healthy as he is an exceptional talent. 

Good luck to Newport! 

• Like 1