Ashland 87 Fairview 7

Okay, first off, I hate this, I admit it.  

However, they played earlier this year and Ashland won 76-4, did we need to see it again?  I realize they are in the same district, but which team does this "rematch" benefit?  Just take the loss for district seeding and go play someone your girls can compete with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Okay, first off, I hate this, I admit it.  

However, they played earlier this year and Ashland won 76-4, did we need to see it again?  I realize they are in the same district, but which team does this "rematch" benefit?  Just take the loss for district seeding and go play someone your girls can compete with. 

I hate that we are seeing this happen so much between various team.  We are seeing a sea change in high school athletics.  

• Like 2

I hate this.  It has been discussed ad nauseam, but first of all, I agree they should have just ceded the seeding game and moved on. As for Ashland, there are ways to avoid doing this to teams.  Watch the first two games HC played in the All A. They could have had scores like this but didn't.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theguru said:

I hate that we are seeing this happen so much between various team.  We are seeing a sea change in high school athletics.  

I don't think this is new or different. It was happening 30 years ago. Nothing new IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1992Rebel said:

Bethlehem 101 Caverna 10

got to call them all out if your gonna call any. This is sad. 

My "call out" was largely due to the fact that they already played once and the same thing happened, there is just no need to subject them to that again.  You'll notice, I almost never post these ugly, lopsided, scores because I don't think it serves any purpose, but when you've played them once and you did the same thing to them, there is just no need.

Can you imagine Covington Latin playing Notre Dame.....twice....because they are in the same district?

Whether or not Ashland could have done something different (they could!) isn't my point here, although as I said, I hate it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

My "call out" was largely due to the fact that they already played once and the same thing happened, there is just no need to subject them to that again.  You'll notice, I almost never post these ugly, lopsided, scores because I don't think it serves any purpose, but when you've played them once and you did the same thing to them, there is just no need.

Can you imagine Covington Latin playing Notre Dame.....twice....because they are in the same district?

Whether or not Ashland could have done something different (they could!) isn't my point here, although as I said, I hate it.

This discussion came up at the Holy Cross Beachwood game. They are scheduled to play later in the year for district seeding. Unfortunately, Beachwood lost a couple of their top players to injury this year making the game really lopsided.  They didn’t even score against Holy Cross’s starters with the score being 28 to nothing in the first quarter.  it’s obviously not always like this, but this year was the perfect storm.  

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think this is new or different. It was happening 30 years ago. Nothing new IMO.

In my opinion we are seeing more of it in more sports.  I don't want to dwell on this but Tilghman went on a stretch this year in football where they scored 63, 70, 70, 56, 70, & 56.

To me the frequency has definitely increased. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 9068 said:

And it will get worse before it gets better. The rich keep getting richer as families become more open to having their kids play in talent rich programs.

I think almost all of us want to do what is best for our children.  With that said, I am going to close this thread.