Ballard names Matt Keuhn head football coach.

Just Truth

47 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

Any information on this coach? 

He was the head coach for Bullitt Central a few years back.  He led them to the 3rd round of the playoffs for the first time in school history in 2021 I believe.  He moved to Ballard as an assistant after that year.

6 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

He was the head coach for Bullitt Central a few years back.  He led them to the 3rd round of the playoffs for the first time in school history in 2021 I believe.  He moved to Ballard as an assistant after that year.

Keuhn was the coach that was ousted at Bullitt Central for no apparent reason immediately after leading the Cougars to their deepest playoff run in program history. The school district cited low participation numbers in the program, despite the fact that his roster numbers were at the highest they had been in program history. All signs pointed to a vendetta against Coach Keuhn within the school district administration.

I'm glad he's got an opportunity to move into a better program. Congratulations and good luck to Coach Keuhn and the Bruins!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Keuhn was the coach that was ousted at Bullitt Central for no apparent reason immediately after leading the Cougars to their deepest playoff run in program history. The school district cited low participation numbers in the program, despite the fact that his roster numbers were at the highest they had been in program history. All signs pointed to a vendetta against Coach Keuhn within the school district administration.

I'm glad he's got an opportunity to move into a better program. Congratulations and good luck to Coach Keuhn and the Bruins!

You are absolutely right. The new principal, AD, a disgruntled ex-OC, and a well connected parent got him ousted after the best season in school history. It's a shame for BC, I think they won 1 game last year? Their loss is Kuehn and Ballard's gain though. He is an amazing coach who has had success follow him everywhere he's gone. If anyone can build on the already great program that Coach Morton built, it's Kuehn. Excited to see where he takes the Bruins. They got this one right!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Correct & I was aware of all of that but chose to keep my post brief about him.  Anyway, I agree with you that he’s deserving of this opportunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KYfootballguy said:

You are absolutely right. The new principal, AD, a disgruntled ex-OC, and a well connected parent got him ousted after the best season in school history. It's a shame for BC, I think they won 1 game last year? Their loss is Kuehn and Ballard's gain though. He is an amazing coach who has had success follow him everywhere he's gone. If anyone can build on the already great program that Coach Morton built, it's Kuehn. Excited to see where he takes the Bruins. They got this one right!

And has anyone confronted those people about that? They should be reminded of that regularly. 

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

And has anyone confronted those people about that? They should be reminded of that regularly. 

Not to my knowledge unfortunately but they absolutely should be for what they did to the school, the kids in the program, Kuehn, and his staff (the ones who were actually coaching and working hard to get the team where they did). 

25 minutes ago, KYfootballguy said:

Not to my knowledge unfortunately but they absolutely should be for what they did to the school, the kids in the program, Kuehn, and his staff (the ones who were actually coaching and working hard to get the team where they did). 

That's a problem today. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Whiners complain and create destruction. They say whatever they want to get their way. Then they move on and look for the next thing to whine about or try to get their way on with no repercusions. There needs to be more accountability and more people willing to step up and hold the whiners accountable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

That's a problem today. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Whiners complain and create destruction. They say whatever they want to get their way. Then they move on and look for the next thing to whine about or try to get their way on with no repercusions. There needs to be more accountability and more people willing to step up and hold the whiners accountable.

Absolutely 💯. As well as more administrators willing to take a hard look to understand what is really going on instead of riding the wave of emotions and putting out the fire snowplow parent is creating, just to get the situation over with. Those that demand their way come and go fairly quickly when a commitment has been made to proceed in a specific direction (in this case a commitment to an HC and Staff) and that Staff are working their tails off and doing the right things.  That HC & Staff are trying to build things for the long term.  Snowplow parent and his crew only want their way in that particular moment and don’t give a rats backside  if the whole thing burns down behind them. Next when those that demand their way impose their agenda, even in appearance or by appeasement, the next group will follow in right behind them and demand the same if not more. 
Many times the administrators handling these issues don’t ever see themselves being in their current spot long enough to handle longevity though. They know they won’t be there to have to handle the next problem created.  Fire this guy, go make these influential people happy by hiring their guy and that’ll help roll to the next administration destination.

Rant over. 
Best of luck to Coach Keuhn and the Bruins! 

My nephew played for him at BC, and according to him the coach was not well liked by many people. I don't know the guy so I only know what I hear.

I read on other sites that current and former players at Ballard are not thrilled with the choice.

I say, good luck coach.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

Any truth to Cantwell from CAL applying? 

I don’t think it was Cantwell who did, it was Keith Towbridge the TE’s/Co-OC. He tweeted but since has taken it down about how “JCPS recycles through the same average coaches”. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

I don’t think it was Cantwell who did, it was Keith Towbridge the TE’s/Co-OC. He tweeted but since has taken it down about how “JCPS recycles through the same average coaches”. 

I was told that Towbridge did apply for this one.

But I'd be awfully surprised to have seen Coach Cantwell try to leave what he has at CAL to take this one.

• Like 2