January 21, 200719 yr I didn't see the game or the play in which he was hurt, but from the message boards I read, I guess it looked really bad. It was a fall under the basket. We will all find out soon enough, hopefully things will be okay for him. No disrespect to the rest of the Vols roster, but if he is out, their season goes in the tank. I know just about everyone on here wishes Chris the best, but aside from that everyone has other wildcat problems to worry about. lol
January 21, 200719 yr Wow, i don't know if UT is what everyone is saying they are...They are very beatable.
January 21, 200719 yr I didn't see the game or the play in which he was hurt, but from the message boards I read, I guess it looked really bad. It was a fall under the basket. We will all find out soon enough, hopefully things will be okay for him. No disrespect to the rest of the Vols roster, but if he is out, their season goes in the tank. I know just about everyone on here wishes Chris the best, but aside from that everyone has other wildcat problems to worry about. lol Where are you reading about it?? Any way to find the latest update on his injury?
January 21, 200719 yr Hopefully nothing serious for Lofton. He's too good to be shelved for any period of time.
January 21, 200719 yr Author Lofton only had 4 points on five shots. I know he didn't score in the first half, so my guess is he got hurt early in the second half. This happened to Tennessee last year, got off to a great start and as the season wore on, they eventually seemed to tire out. If Lofton can't play for any extended period of time, the SEC schedule will beat them up even more. ***I went to a VOLS message board and all they said is that it looked bad, I guess they don't have an update. With the game over, I would think ESPN.com or espnews would have an update***
January 21, 200719 yr Author According to the recap on yahoo sports, they are saying a right ankle injury, but nothing more as of right now. Hopefully just a really bad sprain.
January 21, 200719 yr Lofton only had 4 points on five shots. I know he didn't score in the first half, so my guess is he got hurt early in the second half. This happened to Tennessee last year, got off to a great start and as the season wore on, they eventually seemed to tire out. If Lofton can't play for any extended period of time, the SEC schedule will beat them up even more. ***I went to a VOLS message board and all they said is that it looked bad, I guess they don't have an update. With the game over, I would think ESPN.com or espnews would have an update*** That's a shame, he was having an All-American type year. I hope he's OK.:thumb:
January 21, 200719 yr I checked some Vol boards, and the only report I have seen is out of Chattanooga, and they are saying he tore a fubular ligament and damaged some tendons and he will be out for the remainder of the season.
January 21, 200719 yr Still sketchy, but they are saying that there is a lot of swelling and will be further evaluated tomorrow.
January 21, 200719 yr Out "indefinitely" http://tennessee.scout.com/2/611528.html Thanks for the info, I was reading some of the UT message boards earlier and there is alot of speculation as to the status of Chris. Your post says volumes, hopefully things will turn out positive for Chris. He is having an oustanding yr to date. If he cannot return could he some how get another year of eligibilty due to the injury? Just throwing it out there...
January 21, 200719 yr Thanks for the info, I was reading some of the UT message boards earlier and there is alot of speculation as to the status of Chris. Your post says volumes, hopefully things will turn out positive for Chris. He is having an oustanding yr to date. If he cannot return could he some how get another year of eligibilty due to the injury? Just throwing it out there... No, he's played in too many games this season to use it as a redshirt year.
January 22, 200719 yr No, he's played in too many games this season to use it as a redshirt year. What a shame. I don't foresee too many wins in their near future with him on the bench.
January 22, 200719 yr WKYT in Lexington showed the play that Lofton was injured on. It looked nasty as he rolled his ankle completely. He appeared to be in severe pain and was carried off the court. Lofton is a great player and fine young man and it would be a shame to see him miss any games. I hope he makes a quick recovery.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.