Bell County 38 East Carter 36 (OT)

16thBBall Fan

• theguru changed the title to Bell County 38 East Carter 36 (OT)

This was posted on social media from the game last night and I thought I'd share.

"I want to let y'all know what kind of people East Carter has. Bell cheerleaders took up donations in our stands for our students involved in a bad crash this week. We lost 1 of them and the other is in the hospital. It was announced on the P.A. that they would be doing so. EC school officials came and ask for the bucket to be passed on their side too and their fans helped as well. They didn't have to do that. That's what we need more of in this land. Thank you, East Carter fans and God Bless, you."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

This was posted on social media from the game last night and I thought I'd share.

"I want to let y'all know what kind of people East Carter has. Bell cheerleaders took up donations in our stands for our students involved in a bad crash this week. We lost 1 of them and the other is in the hospital. It was announced on the P.A. that they would be doing so. EC school officials came and ask for the bucket to be passed on their side too and their fans helped as well. They didn't have to do that. That's what we need more of in this land. Thank you, East Carter fans and God Bless, you."

Love stories like this. I love football as much as anyone but there is more important things and it’s great when a fan base like East Carter steps up in a time of need. Great job EC.

• Like 3

I can say with 100% certainty that East Carter has the right Head Coach and staff in place.

Coach Champlin and his staff has already done special things there, and they have done it while exceeding expectations basically every year. 

Hard not to cheer for those guys and what they are achieving ... and more importantly HOW they are achieving it. Any time I have visibility to the messaging coming from that staff and community it is with the utmost of sportsmanship, faith, and respect towards their opponents. Big respect from me.