Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 63 Rose Hill 45

Featured Replies

Well, you gotta have HOPE, and you can play a lot of 'what ifs"

but there are really only TWO teams that have a real chance at Morehead this year, but I don't think this board could handle it if I told you which ones they

were :D

but YOU know

 

 

"but You Know"-where have I heard that before? You may be right but if you aren't one of the TWO you have to have hope!

  • Replies 84
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you gotta have HOPE, and you can play a lot of 'what ifs"

but there are really only TWO teams that have a real chance at Morehead this year, but I don't think this board could handle it if I told you which ones they

were :D

but YOU know

 

This is a ridiculous post. There are 8 teams that have a chance at Morehead and that's the 8 that make it there. You know that, even though you'd like for us to hand the title over to Russell without a fight.

Poeple are overlooking one contender that could pull off the biggest upset in Reginal history...Fairview. I would take my chances with Barker on a college floor at Morehead and let him run all night long. They have had several close games with all the Big Regional Contenders. 5-7 point games or less. They can play and may have one of the best coaching staffs in Regional. Cooksey is a master mind of X's and O's and does anyone remember the last coach to take two different teams form the 16th Region to the State Tourney. He sat under Crum as an assistant for years and Crum played for WHO? Coach Wooden...I do believe Hall knows a little bit about the game.

IMO Elliott is a big regional contender and they didn't play within 5-7 of them.

So, when Rose Hill loses one that everyone thought they'd win, they suddenly become a year away?

In scooterbob's defense he has always stated that Rose Hill is a year away as has RickyP. I think they both have a little anxiousness over this year because it is not totally out of the question.

 

Thanks mcpapa for the info. If you figure in the district tournament and a 5 game winning streak, (I know that it is 4 out of 5) I would say at this point the only Russell and Elliott have proven they are capable of stringing together that many region wins. I am discounting the wins against Fleming because they are down and multiple wins against the same team. If the regional tourney was played today those are the two capable. However it is not March and only time will tell. I will see you all in Morehead.

In scooterbob's defense he has always stated that Rose Hill is a year away as has RickyP. I think they both have a little anxiousness over this year because it is not totally out of the question.

 

Thanks mcpapa for the info. If you figure in the district tournament and a 5 game winning streak, (I know that it is 4 out of 5) I would say at this point the only Russell and Elliott have proven they are capable of stringing together that many region wins. I am discounting the wins against Fleming because they are down and multiple wins against the same team. If the regional tourney was played today those are the two capable. However it is not March and only time will tell. I will see you all in Morehead.

 

I personally think that Elliott, Russell, Rose Hill, Ashland, Rowan, Boyd, Greenup, and possibly East and Raceland have a chance to win 3 in a row at the right time.

I personally think that Elliott, Russell, Rose Hill, Ashland, Rowan, Boyd, Greenup, and possibly East and Raceland have a chance to win 3 in a row at the right time.

I agree with a big emphasis on "the right time". I just think right now there are two that have separated themselves. If Elliott wins tomorrow they will have tourney experience this year as well as last year.

How does Rose Hill beat Lewis County by 20, then Lewis beats Raceland by about 10-15, then Rose Hill gets beat by Raceland by 20? :confused: :eek: :creepy:

How does Rose Hill beat Lewis County by 20, then Lewis beats Raceland by about 10-15, then Rose Hill gets beat by Raceland by 20? :confused: :eek: :creepy:

The same way that Marshall beats Virginia Tech who beats Duke and UNC.

How does Rose Hill beat Lewis County by 20, then Lewis beats Raceland by about 10-15, then Rose Hill gets beat by Raceland by 20? :confused: :eek: :creepy:

 

We all know any team can be beaten on any day. I'm a big RH fan and I personally do not believe this game defines who they are as a team. Any team can and will have an "off" night. AND some teams can be "on" and miss practically nothing and have alot of calls go their way. This game in no way is indicative of how good Rose Hill is. You simply move on and prepare for the next game. See ya at Ashland. Go Rose Hill! Great game RAMS!

Are you suggesting that Rose Hill got cheated? I think they just got flat out played by the better team that night. Raceland is a very good defensive team, and shut down the big guys of RH. Give them some credit that they shut down the big freshmen for RH. Those 2 are good players, and will no doubt be the top of the region in a couple of years. If they stay there that long. Please just give the credit that is due. I think a lot of coaches are gonna look at how Coach J played the Royals and start playing them the same way.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Rose Hill lost because of officiating. That had nothing to do with the outcome. On Thursday night, the better team won. No one should dispute that.

I guess it caught my eye with the " a lot of calls go their way" comment. Just sounds like a cop out, if it wasn't i apologize.

I realize that is a Raceland/RH thread but since it has gotten off topic on regional contenders I will put mine in the mix (in no certain order) : Ashland, Rose Hill, Elliot Co and Russell. I believe are the main ones that have the best chance to advance to Rupp. I think that these have the best chance to win 3 in a row at Morehead. JMO and with the way that 1st round district upsets can go they all may not even be in the regional.

Well, you gotta have HOPE, and you can play a lot of 'what ifs"

but there are really only TWO teams that have a real chance at Morehead this year, but I don't think this board could handle it if I told you which ones they

were :D

but YOU know

I'm not sure what two teams you are talking about, but I hope it is Elliott and Rose Hill. You know and I know, that Russell is not going to win it back to back.

How does Rose Hill beat Lewis County by 20, then Lewis beats Raceland by about 10-15, then Rose Hill gets beat by Raceland by 20? :confused: :eek: :creepy:

In any Sport style makes games.:ylsuper: :rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.