All "A" State Predictions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's another thread out there on this topic which had some pretty good breakdowns region-to-region? Maybe a mod can combine.

I will predict the survivor of the top half of the bracket will win it all. It looks pretty stacked with 9th vs. 10th in the first round. UHA should be in that bracket along with possibly June Buchanan and the 8th winner, likely Walton or Gallatin; so this looks loaded!!

I think the way walton is playing right now, they can play with any team. I look for them to go far if they can maintain their momentum.:D

Their "momentum" will not be able to carry them past Gallatin or Owen. In their last three games, they only beat Trimble by 6 points, lost to Simon-Kenton (who was not at full strength) and beat Carroll handily (a team that is having a down year). One 20+ win does not create momentum.

UHA has struggled early but have things clicking better now. They have some chemistry issues that are being resolved. 6' 7" Hopson and 6' 10" Langhi will be tough to stop. Their guards can make you pay from 3 as well. UHA is always a good pick considering their history in the class "A". Don't let their record fool you for a minute...unless you are ready to go home and out of the tourney. UHA can be beat, but will they...history shows that in the class "A" tourney they are not beaten very often!

I have to say that Walton has a little momentum going right now. They beat trimble by 6. I agree. At one time we were beating SK by like 8. Sk won by 12 due to the freethrows at end of the game. Then beat Carroll handily. So I think the boys have a little momentum on their side, meaning they have the mind set to play with any team.