Boone at Highlands

Bray, Earls (freshman center), and McFarland led Boone in scoring with 14, 13, and 12, respectively. Earls made an uncontested layup at the buzzer after a pass by McFarland. Simmons led Highlands with 14. He injured his ankle in the end of the third-quarter. Close game throughout.

Bray, Earls (freshman center), and McFarland led Boone in scoring with 14, 13, and 12, respectively. Earls made an uncontested layup at the buzzer after a pass by McFarland. Simmons led Highlands with 14. He injured his ankle in the end of the third-quarter. Close game throughout.

How does anyone make an uncontested layup at the buzzer? :confused:

BOONE COUNTY 56, HIGHLANDS 54 - Andy Earls' layup in the final seconds enabled the Rebels, ranked seventh in the Northern Kentucky coaches poll, to end their three-game losing streak.

Chris Bray led Boone County with 14 points, converting seven of 11 free throws. Earls finished with 13 points.

Highlands, which has lost four straight, was led by 17 points from senior forward Jared Stewart.

Highlands finished the game without leading scorer Nic Simpson. Simpson scored 14 points before leaving in the fourth quarter with an apparent injury.

BOONE COUNTY 11 16 14 15 -56

at HIGHLANDS 17 10 14 13 -54

BOONE COUNTY (56): Spalding 4 0 8, McFarland 3 5 12, Ryan 2 0 4, Bray 3 7 14, Boyce 2 1 5, Earls 6 1 13. Totals 20 14 56.

HIGHLANDS (54): Simons 4 1 9, Stewart 6 2 17, Simpson 5 4 14, Eaton 0 1 1, Wise 5 0 10, Stein 1 1 3. Totals 21 9 54.

3-pointers: B -McFarland, Bray. H -Stewart 3. Records: Boone County 14-5, Highlands 4-10. JV: Boone County, 47-39.

I had to leave the game at about the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter and Boone had spurted out to a 7 point lead. Nick Simpson was on the bench have his ankle looked at after getting hurt on the final play of the 3rd quarter. According to the paper, Jared Stewart was the leading scorer with 17. From what I have seen this year, the Birds play well in spurts and if they can gain some consistency they can beat anyone in the 9th region on any given night. The question is whether they could play well on back to back nights.

I had to leave the game at about the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter and Boone had spurted out to a 7 point lead. Nick Simpson was on the bench have his ankle looked at after getting hurt on the final play of the 3rd quarter. According to the paper, Jared Stewart was the leading scorer with 17. From what I have seen this year, the Birds play well in spurts and if they can gain some consistency they can beat anyone in the 9th region on any given night. The question is whether they could play well on back to back nights.

At 4-10, I'd guess the question might be can they play well?

Sandman, just got to love your unfailing "love" for all things Highlands:fight:.

Birds will be just fine. Have had to overcome some struggles and adversity, but they'll be just fine. Do I expect them to win state? No. But they are playing hard, competitive bball, and their losses sure haven't been due to a lack of effort. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to you, and you'll keep up your barrage of criticism for Highlands. But hey, what ever floats your boat I guess.

And again, what program did you graduate from and currently support? That remains a mystery to me. Care to share?

Sandman, just got to love your unfailing "love" for all things Highlands:fight:.

Birds will be just fine. Have had to overcome some struggles and adversity, but they'll be just fine. Do I expect them to win state? No. But they are playing hard, competitive bball, and their losses sure haven't been due to a lack of effort. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to you, and you'll keep up your barrage of criticism for Highlands. But hey, what ever floats your boat I guess.

And again, what program did you graduate from and currently support? That remains a mystery to me. Care to share?

Amen LN.....I have not heard one positive out of Sandman's mouth on this board ever so I believe he probably doesnt support any team.

I have not had a chance to see many Varsity games due to the lack of time but from what I am hearing, the Birds are playing hard and not layind down even with the setback in losing McGraw. It may take until Feb to figure out what Jr. is going to step up and compliment Simpson. It seems Stewart has been playing well and Drew Simons has hit the scoring column more as well. This is positive to see and even though they are L's in the book, it is good to see.

Your right Spartan. Sayre just knocked off Henry Clay by 2 pts. Highlands gave HC all they had and lost by 10 in a good road showing. Boone beats Highlands but loses to Sayre. Its all relative. Nothing matters until tourney time and Highlands has a pretty easy district to advance to the 9th Region tourney where anything can happen.