Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LMPD officer shot and in critical condition

Featured Replies

Officer was shot from nearby house while doing traffic stop. Supporting officer returned fire and now SWAT has surrounded house. Officer was shot in torso and in critical but stable condition. ? he makes full recovery. Being police in Louisville is extra dangerous!

It will only get worse. 

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

It will only get worse. 

Are byou thinking this might have been a setup ploy?

Just now, 4 Quarters said:

Are byou thinking this might have been a setup ploy?

No clue but that does happen.  Criminals try to ambush and kill police officers every day in America. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

 

I'm glad Jumper_Dad Jr is training them now and not on the streets.

21 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I'm glad Jumper_Dad Jr is training them now and not on the streets.

I understand completely. I watched my brother climb the ladder from KSP dispatcher to Lt. Colonel in charge of the operations division. He stepped down from that role to get closer to home. He's close enough to retirement now, and has been off the streets long enough that I don't think he'll have to deal with these animals anymore. 

From Louisville Metro Police Department on Facebook:

Here are the two hero officers from the critical incident on Thursday morning, 2:38AM in the 4000 Block of W. Kentucky.
Officer Brandon Haley (pictured [first], critically wounded by gunfire)
-Was hired 6/14/2021
Officer Colin Billotto (pictured [last])
-Was hired 2/10/2020
As of this afternoon, Officer Haley remains in critical, but stable condition. 
We appreciate the community's support! We see you; the Haley's see you! Please keep our officers in your thoughts and prayers.
If you have any information as it pertains to this open and active investigation, please don't hesitate to call our anonymous tip line at 502-574-LMPD

pd1.jpg

pd2.jpg

The amount of officers that have left LMPD for betters jobs at other Police Department's throughout the state, is wild.  I can think of probably half a dozen of them, that I know of that are now in NKY.  The fact that there were idiots questioning why traffic stops were taking place at 2 am, really speaks volumes to where that city is heading.

It's gotten so bad that the crimes are now spilling into NKY.  You've literally got groups of criminals, often times including or mostly consisting of juveniles, that will travel over an hour away to NKY, to break into and steal cars.   I mean no offense to anyone from Louisville, but you couldn't pay me enough to live there right now.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

The amount of officers that have left LMPD for betters jobs at other Police Department's throughout the state, is wild.  I can think of probably half a dozen of them, that I know of that are now in NKY.  The fact that there were idiots questioning why traffic stops were taking place at 2 am, really speaks volumes to where that city is heading.

It's gotten so bad that the crimes are now spilling into NKY.  You've literally got groups of criminals, often times including or mostly consisting of juveniles, that will travel over an hour away to NKY, to break into and steal cars.   I mean no offense to anyone from Louisville, but you couldn't pay me enough to live there right now.  

It was the same with Lexington/Fayette County in my experience. 

And we need to hulk up the police departments in NKY because we are surrounded by a bunch of quagmires and like you said that inevitably spills over into NKY.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

It was the same with Lexington/Fayette County in my experience. 

And we need to hulk up the police departments in NKY because we are surrounded by a bunch of quagmires and like you said that inevitably spills over into NKY.

I truly believe they're already here.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

I truly believe they're already here.

Of course they are, "we" are way behind.  

I worry a lot about the future of America.  As a kid, most people were taught to respect and obey police officers.  Today, there seems to be an overall lack of respect among people, but particularly with police officers who have a very dangerous job.  Officers are leaving the profession, and not enough people replacing them.

When I watch TV and see people openly looting stores, assaulting people, kids getting shot in drive by shootings, etc, it scares me.  I have no doubt that, as the police force dwindles, people are going to start defending themselves, escalating gun violence. It will be chaos.

I pray this officer recovers and am very grateful there are still brave men and women willing to do that job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.