Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper Johnson Recruiting

Featured Replies

Did Cal offer JJ?  I think Jasper will end up one of the highest rated HS players to come out of KY in a long time.

9 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Did Cal offer JJ?  I think Jasper will end up one of the highest rated HS players to come out of KY in a long time.

My understanding is, UK has showed interest, but has not offered.

I'm a HUGE fan of this kid, in spite of some inconsistencies this year, and I think he could absolutely be a monster the next couple of years.  Would love to see him develop into player of that ilk!

 

Mizzou offered the other night.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Arizona State offered last night.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

  • Author

For Cal to offer an in-state sophomore is pretty strong IMO.

Johnson is now up to 17 D1 offers... I can only expect that number to grow within the next 2 years. 

  • Author

In an interview I saw yesterday, it sounds like he may be looking at the prep school route as well.  I can't blame him if he chooses this route, but I would hate it for KY HS Basketball.

3 hours ago, okie1 said:

In an interview I saw yesterday, it sounds like he may be looking at the prep school route as well.  I can't blame him if he chooses this route, but I would hate it for KY HS Basketball.

A fifth-year prep school or leaving high school before graduation? With his father being a high school football coach and his grandfather having played a significant role as coach and administrator in the KHSAA, it would surprise me if he left Woodford County before graduation.

  • Author
1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

A fifth-year prep school or leaving high school before graduation? With his father being a high school football coach and his grandfather having played a significant role as coach and administrator in the KHSAA, it would surprise me if he left Woodford County before graduation.

I think it was a Larry Vaught article that talked about the possibility of going a prep school route the next 2 years.  

It sounded like from the article that he was exploring those options.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

A fifth-year prep school or leaving high school before graduation? With his father being a high school football coach and his grandfather having played a significant role as coach and administrator in the KHSAA, it would surprise me if he left Woodford County before graduation.

I think the Johnson’s will do what’s best for him and not worry about being involved in KHSAA or the school. He has already secured the D1 status and the next 2 years are going to be training to get better and see how high he can go and looking toward possible NBA draft status. Can he do that at Woodford, maybe? Is it a better chance at prep school, maybe?  Don’t forget he is a Covid hold back and probably has the grades and credits to reclass as well so may just be one year. 

3 minutes ago, BasketballFan24 said:

I think the Johnson’s will do what’s best for him and not worry about being involved in KHSAA or the school. He has already secured the D1 status and the next 2 years are going to be training to get better and see how high he can go and looking toward possible NBA draft status. Can he do that at Woodford, maybe? Is it a better chance at prep school, maybe?  Don’t forget he is a Covid hold back and probably has the grades and credits to reclass as well so may just be one year. 

Oh, I understand that completely. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't; doesn't matter to me. I was unaware that he was a Covid holdback, which certainly does change the calculus a bit.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.