Mr. Basketball

Beta

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legitimate stats is very important here, Tanner Jacobs is a rebounding machine that plays in the seventh region. I have watched him several times and can't imagine anyone having better stats in rebounding than him. I think Stephon Pettigrew is also a solid rebounder and I have watched him play several times, but I didn't notice him being as good as rebounder, he was alway outside shooting the ball. I know Pettigrew scores a lot and plays almost the entire game. Jacobs blocks out better and plays tough defense. Pettigrew scores more points. Jacobs is bigger and faster. I do think that Pettigrew deserves Mr. Basketball, but the Jacobs kid has a lot of potential at the next level.

I found this in another thread. Anyone else think that Jacobs is bigger and faster and a better rebounder and tougher defender than Stephon Pettigrew? If so, he should definently be on this list.

I watched Jacobs play three games in the Hoopin it Up this year and watched Petigrew play in a couple games in the Toyota Classic. Petigrew is a better rebounder, scorer and basketball player than Jacobs. Jacobs plays like a football player that also plays basketball.

I found this in another thread. Anyone else think that Jacobs is bigger and faster and a better rebounder and tougher defender than Stephon Pettigrew? If so, he should definently be on this list.
The poster you quoted sings Jacobs' praises in virtually every post ... take that however you wish.

I fully expect Pettigrew to win Mr. Basketball, but I think Matt Fraliex at Caldwell County deserves at least a passing glance.

Probably the best pure shooter I've seen in the 2nd Region since Travis Ford was at Madisonville.

Averages over 33 points, 7-8 rebounds a game, and has Caldwell rated higher than they have been in 20 years.

Also a good student, solid citizen, all-around good kid. I'm hoping he at least makes some first-team all-state lists.