Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball

Featured Replies

Preston Knowles. Then with Miller the next year and that gives the 10th 3 in 5 years!

 

 

:dancingpa

 

 

I'll throw out the scenario of Matt Walls this year and Bud Mackey next year... Scott Hundley and Rick Jones did it back to back:thumb:

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's Pettigrew's to lose but Knowles should finish second.

legitimate stats is very important here, Tanner Jacobs is a rebounding machine that plays in the seventh region. I have watched him several times and can't imagine anyone having better stats in rebounding than him. I think Stephon Pettigrew is also a solid rebounder and I have watched him play several times, but I didn't notice him being as good as rebounder, he was alway outside shooting the ball. I know Pettigrew scores a lot and plays almost the entire game. Jacobs blocks out better and plays tough defense. Pettigrew scores more points. Jacobs is bigger and faster. I do think that Pettigrew deserves Mr. Basketball, but the Jacobs kid has a lot of potential at the next level.

 

I found this in another thread. Anyone else think that Jacobs is bigger and faster and a better rebounder and tougher defender than Stephon Pettigrew? If so, he should definently be on this list.

I watched Jacobs play three games in the Hoopin it Up this year and watched Petigrew play in a couple games in the Toyota Classic. Petigrew is a better rebounder, scorer and basketball player than Jacobs. Jacobs plays like a football player that also plays basketball.

Preston Knowles. Then with Miller the next year and that gives the 10th 3 in 5 years!

 

 

:dancingpa

 

Two coming from Mason County!

1. Preston Knowles

2. Darius Miller

Two very early canidates and two of the most explosive players in the state and also have very good shots

I found this in another thread. Anyone else think that Jacobs is bigger and faster and a better rebounder and tougher defender than Stephon Pettigrew? If so, he should definently be on this list.
The poster you quoted sings Jacobs' praises in virtually every post ... take that however you wish.

I fully expect Pettigrew to win Mr. Basketball, but I think Matt Fraliex at Caldwell County deserves at least a passing glance.

 

Probably the best pure shooter I've seen in the 2nd Region since Travis Ford was at Madisonville.

 

Averages over 33 points, 7-8 rebounds a game, and has Caldwell rated higher than they have been in 20 years.

 

Also a good student, solid citizen, all-around good kid. I'm hoping he at least makes some first-team all-state lists.

Fraliex has developed into quite a player ... he's improved immensely over the last year and looks like a legitimate Division I shooting guard. I wouldn't have said that last season.

Anderson from Warren Central deserves to be in the conversation. 3 trips to Rupp, with a fourth likely although I hope I'm wrong about that.

Three trips to Rupp doesn't qualify a player for Mr. Basketball consideration. Anderson is a nice player, but he's not a candidate for the award.

"PRESTON KNOWLES" GETS MY VOTE

Anderson from Warren Central deserves to be in the conversation. 3 trips to Rupp, with a fourth likely although I hope I'm wrong about that.

I believe this year would be his 5th trip, but I could be wrong.

I believe it's got to be Pettigrew. The season he is having has been incredible. Also the Mr. Basketball award is has alot to do with publicity, and he has gotten alot, making it to Rupp his sophmore season first got his name out there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.