Mr. Basketball

Beta

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettigrew is a solid player and a great kid, but Jacobs is bigger, stronger, and faster, and has great potential at the next level. Jacobs is surrounded by a very young team. Coach Szabo said that Jacobs is totally a team player and leads by example. He tries to win for team not for stats. I think the Mr, Basketball award is also about leadership, teamwork, and potential. I have watched Jacobs play seven times and pettigrew six times, they are different types of players, Pettigrew is allowed to freelance, Jacobs plays in a controlled team atmosphere. I think rojas4 is like most fans, they want to see someone score every time down the floor, but we still need blue collar players. I hope some of these kids are also recognized.

Jacobs is bigger, stronger, and faster, and has great potential at the next level.
That may be true ... I haven't seen both players enough to make a judgment either way.

That being said, though, just because a player is "bigger, stronger and faster" than another doesn't mean he's better. Frankly, I don't know a single unbiased observer that feels Jacobs is a better player than Pettigrew, and that's what this thread is centered on.

Pettigrew is allowed to freelance, Jacobs plays in a controlled team atmosphere.
Jacobs also has a better supporting cast than Pettigrew does, at least this year.