Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball

Featured Replies

Knowles or Pettigrew, giving Pettigrew the edge.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettigrew hasto be a big favorite. Knowles would not be a bad choice either.

Pettigrew is a solid player and a great kid, but Jacobs is bigger, stronger, and faster, and has great potential at the next level. Jacobs is surrounded by a very young team. Coach Szabo said that Jacobs is totally a team player and leads by example. He tries to win for team not for stats. I think the Mr, Basketball award is also about leadership, teamwork, and potential. I have watched Jacobs play seven times and pettigrew six times, they are different types of players, Pettigrew is allowed to freelance, Jacobs plays in a controlled team atmosphere. I think rojas4 is like most fans, they want to see someone score every time down the floor, but we still need blue collar players. I hope some of these kids are also recognized.

Jacobs is bigger, stronger, and faster, and has great potential at the next level.
That may be true ... I haven't seen both players enough to make a judgment either way.

 

That being said, though, just because a player is "bigger, stronger and faster" than another doesn't mean he's better. Frankly, I don't know a single unbiased observer that feels Jacobs is a better player than Pettigrew, and that's what this thread is centered on.

Pettigrew is allowed to freelance, Jacobs plays in a controlled team atmosphere.
Jacobs also has a better supporting cast than Pettigrew does, at least this year.

I have to say Ty Proffit, he is a very good point guard that can only get better. My Mr. Basketball goes to Ty Proffit of South Laurel.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.