Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

San Diego State 57 Creighton 56 (NCAA Tournament)

Featured Replies

So I saw the all time assist leader for San Diego State is Tony Gwynn. How did I not know this?

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

So I saw the all time assist leader for San Diego State is Tony Gwynn. How did I not know this?

I know it's an obscure fact, but it blows my mind when people don't know this. He also holds the record for assists in a game, and single season. I loved Tony Gwynn. A lot of today's players could benefit from watching him play. 

Another interesting fact about his SDSU days. He didn't play baseball as a freshmen... he was overweight. Sure didn't seem to impact his pro career much. He was only permitted on the team as a sophomore when 2 outfielders from the current team were injured. The Padres (or any other MLB team) weren't there to scout Gwynn when they first found him, but instead a star SS on the team. 

I love stories like this about athletes. How close we were to everything being different. If the outfielders never get inured, are we talking about Tony Gwynn in the same breath as John Stockton? Who knows.

39 minutes ago, bugatti said:

So I saw the all time assist leader for San Diego State is Tony Gwynn. How did I not know this?

I saw that yesterday too and shared it with a few friends. I had no idea he played basketball too.

45 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I know it's an obscure fact, but it blows my mind when people don't know this. He also holds the record for assists in a game, and single season. I loved Tony Gwynn. A lot of today's players could benefit from watching him play. 

Another interesting fact about his SDSU days. He didn't play baseball as a freshmen... he was overweight. Sure didn't seem to impact his pro career much. He was only permitted on the team as a sophomore when 2 outfielders from the current team were injured. The Padres (or any other MLB team) weren't there to scout Gwynn when they first found him, but instead a star SS on the team. 

I love stories like this about athletes. How close we were to everything being different. If the outfielders never get inured, are we talking about Tony Gwynn in the same breath as John Stockton? Who knows.

It was a little before time when he was playing, but I did know he played hoops. Just didn't know how great he was.

6 hours ago, theguru said:

That is pretty impressive!

My best guess. A tiny subset of the fans of FAU who also fill out a wild and crazy bracket in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. 

24 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

My best guess. A tiny subset of the fans of FAU who also fill out a wild and crazy bracket in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. 

Considering FAU is a 9 and the others are 4s and 5s that would be a good theory to start with.   Throw in a couple of outliers and I think we are getting warm. 

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Considering FAU is a 9 and the others are 4s and 5s that would be a good theory to start with.   Throw in a couple of outliers and I think we are getting warm. 

 

3 hours ago, mcpapa said:

My best guess. A tiny subset of the fans of FAU who also fill out a wild and crazy bracket in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. 

I think it is important to note they were also in the region with the weakest #1 seed. That probably prompted some advancement. Obviously most had them beating the Boilermakers second round and not FDU.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.