Open Job: Bracken County

Yeesh...Bracken County is really accustomed to having to find a new football coach. The Polar Bears have had 8 head head coaches in the first 20 years of their football program.

2003-2006 Rodney Ollier
2007-2008 Chuck Faust
2009-2010 Andrew McIntosh
2011 Kevin Siple
2012-2016 Mike Sizemore
2017-2018 Dave Brausch
2019-2020 Tim Carver
2021-2022 Simon Clouse

• Like 1

Congrats to Coach Clouse. I understand he is leaving a good group of kids for the next guy, some really big kids. I hope they can attract a quality head coach. Bracken is a place a coach can prove he can win. It makes it a good launching pad for guys trying to be head coaches. A young guy with a vision and passion can do what Sizemore and Clouse were able to do and leverage into other jobs. No knock on Bracken, not at all. Their situation, location and size makes them one of those jobs that is either a landing spot or launching spot. Good luck on the search.

On 3/25/2023 at 3:48 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Yeesh...Bracken County is really accustomed to having to find a new football coach. The Polar Bears have had 8 head head coaches in the first 20 years of their football program.

2003-2006 Rodney Ollier
2007-2008 Chuck Faust
2009-2010 Andrew McIntosh
2011 Kevin Siple
2012-2016 Mike Sizemore
2017-2018 Dave Brausch
2019-2020 Tim Carver
2021-2022 Simon Clouse

The community of Brooksville has struggled to embrace football, and the coaches (sans Sizemore. To my knowledge he's the only one on this list who actually lived in the county) have struggled to embrace the community. Lack of athletes, and other sports being completely unwilling to share and encourage multi-sport athletes doesn't help.

Being in a brutal district may not make things better.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Pi said:

The community of Brooksville has struggled to embrace football, and the coaches (sans Sizemore. To my knowledge he's the only one on this list who actually lived in the county) have struggled to embrace the community. Lack of athletes, and other sports being completely unwilling to share and encourage multi-sport athletes doesn't help.

Decent talent, but not enough to be a real player in that district. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Pi said:

Must have other coaches who encourage kids to play other sports.

If the administration hasn’t called Eli Florer (best player in school history and currently an assistant at Holmes) every single day since Clouse resigned they don’t actually care about football.

He’s the obvious and only choice.