BGP Severe Weather Alert Day (3/3/23)

nWo

2 hours ago, allsport71 said:

I'm at cvg airport, planes still coming and going as usual, not real windy here yet..thanks nWo for your updates.

I only live a few miles from the cvg and the sun keeps peeking out here but it is overcast now.  Also, I would say the wind is 10 to 15mph now.

The sun popped back out, then it rained cats and dogs, then the sun came back out and formed a huge rainbow, then as quick as it appeared it was gone, and now it is back to overcast and about 15mph winds.  Things are changing fast today.

Mill Creek in Cincinnati was about 6" from being out of its banks earlier today(never seen it so high). Whole lot of rain just north of Cincinnati today. 

We're still out of power here in Cold Spring, KY. Seems like it'll be awhile too. 

Reminder to all too not forget their utility guys. Many of them work their tails off in times like these. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Local meteorologist I watch here said if this system came through a month from now (more warmth), it could have been a 1974 level event.

I can believe it. It never warmed up much in the NKY/Cincy area. I don't think we made it above 55°F. That's not real conducive conditions for storms/severe conditions. 

• Like 1

3rd night no electricity, we can probably make it through one more night. If electricity isn't on by tomorrow we'll have to find family or hotel to shack up with.

KU is predicting everything repaired today, but they have a lot of poles to replace to get us up and going...we'll see.