Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Russell County

Featured Replies

Coach Lundy is out after 2 seasons according to Laker Country Facebook Page.  The Lakers were 14-44 in his two seasons.  The roster is relatively young, and has some nice pieces looking from outside/in. 

I'm keeping an eye on this one...

Heard former longtime Clinton County coach Todd Messer as a possible name for this one

  • Author
1 hour ago, ACfan4 said:

Heard former longtime Clinton County coach Todd Messer as a possible name for this one

I was thinking same thing until Clay Co. came open.  I guess it depends on 1. Does he want to coach again? 2. Would he relocate back home?...I did chat with Coach @ state tournament but didn't discuss coaching again...I know he is involved with his daughter softball team.

3 hours ago, LethalPG said:

I was thinking same thing until Clay Co. came open.  I guess it depends on 1. Does he want to coach again? 2. Would he relocate back home?...I did chat with Coach @ state tournament but didn't discuss coaching again...I know he is involved with his daughter softball team.

Agreed. Also believe the girls coach Blankenship could be a possible candidate as well. 

Any idea when they are planning to hire?

  • Author
12 hours ago, UnderPar21 said:

Any idea when they are planning to hire?

I would think all these places would want to get someone in place before Spring Break, but they could be waiting to handle it post-break...

Any news or interested candidates in this job?

 

Russell Co. has been a tough place to coach at since Feldhaus has been there. He coached 2005-2014 (9 seasons). Coach Tinsley coached 2014-2016 (two seasons). Billy Edge coached 2016 until Christmas that season. Billy Carson coached 2017-2021 (4 seasons). Greg Lundy coached only two seasons 2021-2023. Russell Co. has a talented sophomore and junior class for 2023-24 season). 

On 4/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, Hornets22 said:

Any news or interested candidates in this job?

 

Russell Co. has been a tough place to coach at since Feldhaus has been there. He coached 2005-2014 (9 seasons). Coach Tinsley coached 2014-2016 (two seasons). Billy Edge coached 2016 until Christmas that season. Billy Carson coached 2017-2021 (4 seasons). Greg Lundy coached only two seasons 2021-2023. Russell Co. has a talented sophomore and junior class for 2023-24 season). 

Have heard a couple possible candidates. Last years freshman coach Eric Bennett who also was the former middle school coach. Also possibly a current 12th region head coach. 

On 4/10/2023 at 10:03 AM, ACfan4 said:

Have heard a couple possible candidates. Last years freshman coach Eric Bennett who also was the former middle school coach. Also possibly a current 12th region head coach. 

Heard it's all but a done deal today.

19 hours ago, Chosen1ne said:

Heard it's all but a done deal today.

So the 12th region name is the one you are hearing too?

Brandon Cooper from Garrard County is the name I'm hearing. Would be a great hire! 

  • Author

I figured Brandon would follow his son wherever he would land in college.  It will be interested to see his coaching philosophy minus his son.  Russell Co. has been a revolving door, so hopefully the Lakers find some consistency.  They do have some talent on the roster.

  • Author

Garrard Co. is most certainly a difficult job, so Brandon should be used to difficult circumstances.  With a big SR. class leaving Garrard, I could definitely see him wanting to go somewhere new.  

Sources in GC are saying lots of talk that Cooper is gone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.